Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
People praising multi millionaire Mick Jagger for pledging a few grand to charity if he is entertained when he attends a test match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People replacing the word ‘family’........

‘I’m going to lunch with the famal....’.

Or even worse ‘famalam’

Dickwits

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What about cock rings?

Hello ?

_95696950_reuters_parish.jpg

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Childish nicknames for our players, eg "Muzza", "Knocky". Just use their damn name.

Someone calling Baldock "Balders" last season made me be sick in my mouth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to as well but stopped when saw an old Harry Enfield sketch.. couple of middle class idiots talking to each other at a party.. "How are we then?" "Reasonable, Reasonable" . Then go on to use the phrase "drop of the old 4 star" when offered a whiskey..

Thats still not entirely swerved me away from its usage, I'll be honest. I think its still uncommon enough to be faintly whimsical.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to as well but stopped when saw an old Harry Enfield sketch.. couple of middle class idiots talking to each other at a party.. "How are we then?" "Reasonable, Reasonable" . Then go on to use the phrase "drop of the old 4 star" when offered a whiskey..

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I used to work in a branch of Lloyds Bank that had two blokes that were almost the spitting image of these two, and the conversations were similar.....to the point of spookiness, frankly.

‘Begging pardon for extracting the urine.........’ FFS.

https://youtu.be/yjaMs_ioJPA

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There's no finer thing than a REALLY nice car that doesn't have a personalised number plate. That's class.

At the other end of the spectrum..... actually it's everyone with a personalised plate isn't it. But the ones on shit cars are the worst. Buy a decent car instead you idiots.

It really is, that is the perfect embodiment of cringeworthy for me - Look at me, I've got a set of letters and numbers that in a hugely contrived way somehow resemble my name.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I used to work in a branch of Lloyds Bank that had two blokes that were almost the spitting image of these two, and the conversations were similar.....to the point of spookiness, frankly.

‘Begging pardon for extracting the urine.........’ FFS.

https://youtu.be/yjaMs_ioJPA

Haven't seen that for years.. thanks for sharing...

..."pop ups" that invite me to "...write a review of your recent visit to W.H. Smith (or other run of the mill store) to help others" FFS - and before anyone comments yes I know I must be able to disable them somehow but I cannot be ars*d.

...Also excessive hyperbole - MP's are very good at this - think "..was stunned and amazed to visit Fred's recently repainted cornershop in my constituency. It is incredible and will transform the lives of those nearby and regenerate the economic life of the whole community..."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Running off to 'teacher' instead of dealing with issues properly.
As typified by one of Bozza's posts in the latest 'things aren't as good as they used to be' thread.

Snidey little cowards, (although one of them is hardly surprising)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did your STIs also make you multi-millions?

He wasn't short of a few bob already tbf.

It's who you know, not what you know.

And he's not in the slightest bit funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here