Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's the point. It's not "before", so what should be one of the best moments of the game in terms of crowd noise - the kick off whistle - gets utterly ruined by a touch of modern football.

Our club have generally been good not to adopt too much wanky MLS stuff like them up the road do (light shows, goal music, half time bird show) and so it would be nice if they also dropped this abberation. We're not that sort of club. Total P.A. silence for say 30 seconds before kick off would allow the crowd noise to naturally build and build to a crescendo on kick off, as the sudden P.A. silence would mean the crowd know the game was about to start.

The playing of Ring Of Fire before kickoff really irritates me but I wouldn’t say it makes me cringe.

Really hope we can stop playing any music at all once Sussex by the Sea has finished. I and I’m sure most fans don’t need to be given music to raise the volume before kickoff, especially when there are generally so many opposition fans in the ground these days. Just let it happen Albion don’t try and force it with Americanised shit.

Ring Of Fire is a massive fail by the club imo, in fact it needs a poll I think to see just how many of us like it :smile:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The playing of Ring Of Fire before kickoff really irritates me but I wouldn’t say it makes me cringe.

Really hope we can stop playing any music at all once Sussex by the Sea has finished. I and I’m sure most fans don’t need to be given music to raise the volume before kickoff, especially when there are generally so many opposition fans in the ground these days. Just let it happen Albion don’t try and force it with Americanised shit.

Ring Of Fire is a massive fail by the club imo, in fact it needs a poll I think to see just how many of us like it :smile:

Disagree. ROF has exactly the same failings as the Bargain Hunt high-five. The same horrible hesitancy. The very definition of CRINGE.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
People who describe themselves as 'wellness consultants' or 'wellness experts'.

We were well enough before they existed. Nothing's changed.

And in the spirit of this thread...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
People who use vulgar language in front of women and kids........****ing reprobates
No, seriously. It makes me grit my teeth and my neck shrink, which I think qualifies as a cringe.
Rap music
People who say "luv you" after every phone conversation
Blokes kissing in public. Don't have a problem with people of a different orientation than myself, but sorry, don't want to see it

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People who use vulgar language in front of women and kids........****ing reprobates
No, seriously. It makes me grit my teeth and my neck shrink, which I think qualifies as a cringe.
Rap music
Blokes kissing in public. Don't have a problem with people of a different orientation than myself, but sorry, don't want to see it

"Vulgar language in front of women and kids" Are you living in 1930?

Perhaps you've never met a woman who uses the occasional swearword?

And if you "don't have a problem" with gay people then why would you have a problem with them doing the same thing that it's ok for straight people to do? I guess women kissing in public is ok though?

Wow.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Actually, did anyone see Robbie Williams on the X-Factor on Saturday?

If you did you'll know what I'm talking about. The very definition of "cringe" right there.

Middle-aged men watching the X-factor.
And then openly admitting it.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pre-match at Palace
Goal music. Obvs. Both tinpot and cringeworthy.
Balloons.
There was a story on here many moons ago where someone managed to tear their cock string.
Everything involving [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION]
'Agile'.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Rap music

I see people are already rightly having a pop at you for your staggeringly stupid post about gay men kissing so I’ll focus on the rap music part. An entire genre makes you cringe? How much rap have you listened to so you could form such a strong opinion? ???

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Rap music

was your dinner not on the table then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Couples with joint facebook accounts
People on LinkedIn who write blog posts when they change job. No one cares

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here