• Hell yeah - why the devil not?

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The lack of strikers who play regular football is truly shocking. Vardy was the one other constant alongside Kane who would score each season. I like Welbeck and Rashford but they simply aren't like for like with Kane and don't play the minutes in the same position which Southgate ultimately needs.

This season is all about seeing if Wilson and Ings can hold it together. If so I think they have a free pass into the squad.

The ultimate 'other options' other Sturridge and Carroll have basically been lost.

I would love to have seen Charlie Austin established in the prem playing every week and fit. He would be perfect as an alternative in my view. Big, Strong, good awareness.

As for Murray, I think the time is gone but you couldn't argue against it as a deserved call up if it did happen. Who else has been better than him? Kane......ummmm....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Absolutely no point picking him for one-off games. There was a definite case for picking him in a tournament squad, as something different to throw off the bench when losing, when we resorted to lobbing some high balls forward against Croatia he could have done a job there. He's good enough to play at that level, no doubt.

I just got rather annoyed when some five-live bods reckoned Deeney should be picked off the back of his start to the season, Oi, what about Glenn?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well Keown DID say he was our Harry Kane!

But I'm afraid it's not for me (Clive). Selfishly, I want him to focus all his efforts on the Albion. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about England :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Too slow and too old.

Absolutely not.

Anyone voting yes needs to see a Doctor.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Too slow and too old.

Absolutely not.

If that's the case he would be 3rd or 4th choice for us , simply being able to run fast does not make you a good footballer .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could do worse, but it will never happen.

Better to still focus on Dunky getting a chance

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Too slow and too old.

Absolutely not.

Currently the highest English goalscorer in the Prem this season, and 4th last season after Kane, Sterling and Vardy (now retired).

He might seriously be in with a shout were it not for the fact Welbeck's 16 in 40 matches for England is a very respectable return. This is in stark contrast to his miserable 16 in 82 for Arsenal / 20 in 92 for Man Utd. The lad's never scored 10 in a Prem season in his life - Murray bagged 12 last season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
nah.

keep him rested for The Albion

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What a lovely thing to happen to a footballer , to be called up because everyone else is injured or too short , still voted yes though .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here