Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Travel.....reliability etc

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've looked at the possibility of getting a coach from the Arlington Arms on Seaside, Eastbourne, for the Palace game in December. I haven't used the service before though and I'd like to hear anyone's experience with it. Is it ever late, how long does one have to hang around after the game and any other relevant info that may sway my decision?

Thanks!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I used it from Hove for a couple of seasons.

Always got us to the game in time and they have scheduled slots leaving the match afterwards. It's usually 30 minutes after the final whistle. (It might have changed, but you will be informed when booking!)

Recommended. :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ive been using it for 6 seasons from Hailsham.
Its always prompt, usually get into the ground 55/60 mins before kick off.
Leaving usually takes about 25/30 mins after final whistle, only cos the away coaches go first, and the position where we are in the coach park.
1st class service, especially with late kick offs and Sunday games etc

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Use the service from the Hastings area and very reliable. All routes will get you there in good time and leaving will be from 10.15pm with the coach park cleared by 10.30pm. If you are aiming for the Palace match timings might be delayed a little if there are special arrangements in place, but they will be well publicised before the match. Depending how close to a pick up point you live it really can be a door to door service.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always great service from Findon. Can’t imagine it’s possible to get home any quicker if you stay to the end of a match.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Have Season Ticket from Seaford which is Bus not a coach route. Usually there about 1 Hour before KO. The best bit is coming home. No waiting in queues, can stay to see the players off and bus/coach all leave about 30 minutes after end of match.

I have tried P & R, trains but for me Seagull travel is the best

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I've used the Mid Sussex ones occasionally. If you book at very late notice, they never, ever have your name on the list (but they let me on anyway), but the service is generally spot on. As long as the roads are forgiving. I got one home after the Fulham game & it arrived back in Haywards Heath before 6pm. Means you don't have to leave the game early if you're in a rush (which you would if you were getting the train).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Okay, thanks. Sounds like a great service and one I'll probably use if I need to. Wouldn't Palace fans be held back after the game? If so, then it would seem counter-productive to make the home coaches wait.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For the past 3 seasons ST29 has never let me down. If you're not at the stop they call you. Always clap the players off, stroll back and take a seat watching the P&R queue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Okay, thanks. Sounds like a great service and one I'll probably use if I need to. Wouldn't Palace fans be held back after the game? If so, then it would seem counter-productive to make the home coaches wait.

The coaches don’t leave until c30 minutes after the final whistle to allow time for everyone to get back and some of the initial post-match busy-ness die down a bit.

Then all the coaches are released and you’re on your way and, for getting back to Worthing at least, it’s all very quick.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Assuming its the same as previous seasons, it won't be possible to exit the West Stand and go anti clockwise to the coach park, you will need to go the long way round, which takes ages as going against the flow to the train station from the North and east stands.

So the home coaches won't be leaving early, but at least you can sit in the dry and warm up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Assuming its the same as previous seasons, it won't be possible to exit the West Stand and go anti clockwise to the coach park, you will need to go the long way round, which takes ages as going against the flow to the train station from the North and east stands.

So the home coaches won't be leaving early, but at least you can sit in the dry and warm up.

That wouldn't affect me directly in that I am in the East. But that's good to know. Thanks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seagulls travel is also very good for the away to Selhurst to avoid all the stupid kettling by the Met Police and march to the train station.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The coaches don’t leave until c30 minutes after the final whistle to allow time for everyone to get back and some of the initial post-match busy-ness die down a bit.

Then all the coaches are released and you’re on your way and, for getting back to Worthing at least, it’s all very quick.
Thanks for the reply, cheers!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here