Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hiring a security guard

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
He's an alcoholic with metal health issues so being reasonable isn't high on his list

understand that (albeit loosely), but, he will surely have a period of time where he is not in 'crisis' and take that opportunity to plant the seed for the forthcoming funeral. if not, does he have to attend?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nice chap though. I’ve had a couple of conversations with him. He engaged fully in the verbal part of the exchange, but his eyes were looking everywhere else except at me!

I did notice that as well, I asked him to take a photo of TB and myself, last season at the Watford away game, very obliging but alert.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any private security company will do this and will no doubt be discreet. I.e just blend in with a mourner

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
understand that (albeit loosely), but, he will surely have a period of time where he is not in 'crisis' and take that opportunity to plant the seed for the forthcoming funeral. if not, does he have to attend?

If only life were that simple.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
....He engaged fully in the verbal part of the exchange, but his eyes were looking everywhere else except at me!

I did notice that as well, I asked him to take a photo of TB and myself, last season at the Watford away game, very obliging but alert.

Must have made for an interesting photo composition. I suppose you didn't think it was a good idea to criticise his photo skills when he handed you the camera back and you discovered that all he had captured was the top of your and TB's heads. Did you just quietly slope off pretending you were satisfied with the result rather than ask him to take another one?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Must have made for an interesting photo composition. I suppose you didn't think it was a good idea to criticise his photo skills when he handed you the camera back and you discovered that all he had captured was the top of your and TB's heads. Did you just quietly slope off pretending you were satisfied with the result rather than ask him to take another one?

He actually took two photos, one blurred and one clear, I actually come across better in the blurred one.
Wouldn't dare criticise his photo techniques. :cool:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A recent bereavement means that a relative who is somewhat unstable, will be coming to a funeral. Not to go into details but there's a chance he might kick off at the funeral (especially if he's been drinking and/or not taking his meds) and he has form for getting a bit punchy.
I'm considering hiring someone who could take care of matters in the (hopefully unlikely) event this might happen.
Anyone know of a reputable company who provides this sort of service (I want someone professional, not a "geezer who's a bit tasty") ?

In my family it was always weddings, but good luck and I'm sure and hope that you taking this much care and thought means a difficult situation goes as well as it can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here