Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hiring a security guard

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A recent bereavement means that a relative who is somewhat unstable, will be coming to a funeral. Not to go into details but there's a chance he might kick off at the funeral (especially if he's been drinking and/or not taking his meds) and he has form for getting a bit punchy.
I'm considering hiring someone who could take care of matters in the (hopefully unlikely) event this might happen.
Anyone know of a reputable company who provides this sort of service (I want someone professional, not a "geezer who's a bit tasty") ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If your relative is prone to foul language Typicalpalace will instantly sort him out.
I know this for a fact because he said so on a t'internet message board.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
hale_and_pace.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
A recent bereavement means that a relative who is somewhat unstable, will be coming to a funeral. Not to go into details but there's a chance he might kick off at the funeral (especially if he's been drinking and/or not taking his meds) and he has form for getting a bit punchy.
I'm considering hiring someone who could take care of matters in the (hopefully unlikely) event this might happen.
Anyone know of a reputable company who provides this sort of service (I want someone professional, not a "geezer who's a bit tasty") ?

Might be worth PM'ing Harty to see if he has any advice on this topic given his line of business.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Always worth asking Tony Bloom, if you can borrow his man mountain, he's built like a brick outhouse :cool:

Nice chap though. I’ve had a couple of conversations with him. He engaged fully in the verbal part of the exchange, but his eyes were looking everywhere else except at me!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
speak to them, tell them to lay off the booze and ensure they take their meds prior to the funeral? - having security there may make them kick off.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What about just phoning the cops if he kicks off?

I suspect the proactive, rather than reactive approach is preferable under the circumstances.

i.e. someone trained to defuse a situation before it becomes necessary for police action, plus if its takes the police, say, 10-15 mins to turn up, the disruption may already be over and the event spoilt.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
speak to them, tell them to lay off the booze and ensure they take their meds prior to the funeral? - having security there may make them kick off.

He's an alcoholic with metal health issues so being reasonable isn't high on his list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here