Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What sort of spoon do you eat cereal with?

What sort of spoon do you eat cereal with?

• Teaspoon

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Dessert spoon

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • Soup spoon

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Serving spoon

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fork

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I don't eat cereal

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not normally a cereal person but a box of something was bought in error and rather than waste it, I'm using it up.

Every morning when I open the cutlery drawer, I am torn as to which spoon I should be using.

I've been tending to go for the trusty dessert spoon, but I suspect that this is because I'm a pig and it allows me to shovel more in.

Is a teaspoon more the done thing?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm not normally a cereal person but a box of something was bought in error and rather than waste it, I'm using it up.

Every morning when I open the cutlery drawer, I am torn as to which spoon I should be using.

I've been tending to go for the trusty dessert spoon, but I suspect that this is because I'm a pig and it allows me to shovel more in.

Is a teaspoon more the done thing?

You can get more in with a soup spoon, fyi, with less spillage

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many spoons do you have? I just have big ones and little ones

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What a bizarre question...

Teaspoon is obviously best - especially for Rice Krispies.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Good thread.

Oddly I use a dessert spoon for cereal, but a teaspoon for desserts at home. Savouring every moment.

When I'm out I am too emberassed to use a teaspoon, so use whatever cutlery is provided for deserts.

But cereal dessert spoon every time, mainly due to time in the morning I suspect.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would anyone even consider eating cereal with a teaspoon?!

Didn't Alan Sugar lose a lot of weight by eating his meals with cake forks and teaspoons. Reason being it takes longer, so you get full quicker and eat less

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good thread.

Oddly I use a dessert spoon for cereal, but a teaspoon for desserts at home. Savouring every moment.

When I'm out I am too emberassed to use a teaspoon, so use whatever cutlery is provided for deserts.

But cereal dessert spoon every time, mainly due to time in the morning I suspect.

Agree with this. Though our last cutlery set purchase came with tea spoons that are much larger than the standard teaspoon, about 40% on the way to being a dessert spoon. These are absolutely perfect for eating pud in it's various forms. Dessert spoons just mean the whole lot is gone way too quickly.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Didn't Alan Sugar lose a lot of weight by eating his meals with cake forks and teaspoons. Reason being it takes longer, so you get full quicker and eat less
Not heard that but done with discipline it would be a spectacularly successful weight loss strategy. So many of people's excess calories are consumed when foods are scoffed down quickly.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Four: tea, table/dessert (have I made a faux pas on this?), soup and serving.

No egg spoon for boiled eggs? No big F off spoon with long handle for cooking - one without holes, one with? No wooden spoons?

Amateur.

Desert spoon, obvs.

Edit: that’s the first time I’ve looked at the spelling of “spoon”; weird word, really.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Teaspoon. Girlfriend thinks I'm mental.

Edit: and now reading through the replies on here I guess a lot of others will think I am too!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Teaspoon every time but for a very good reason. Don't often have cereal but I'm on a diet and when I do have it I am only allowed 40g. I eat it with a teaspoon to make it last longer... 6 Stone gone forever, 7 by Christmas... I'm on it!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Teaspoon every time but for a very good reason. Don't often have cereal but I'm on a diet and when I do have it I am only allowed 40g. I eat it with a teaspoon to make it last longer... 6 Stone gone forever, 7 by Christmas... I'm on it!

Let me know when you want that username changed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here