Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Fish n chips

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Whenever i go to the chippy i never have fish. I'm just not a fishy person.

Instead i always have a succulent Steak & Kidney Pukka pie with rich gravy & wonderful flaky pastry.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Whenever i go to the chippy i never have fish. I'm just not a fishy person.

Instead i always have a succulent Steak & Kidney Pukka pie with rich gravy & wonderful flaky pastry.

:clap:

... and Ernie probably has a SAUSAGE. Battered, OF course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fishers in Burgess Hill is pretty good. Everything usually cooked to order so service isn’t rapid but good quality.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Try Bankers Western Road,or Bardsleys Baker Street, bit further Ropetackle in Shoreham.All ok

Tried out Bardsley's for the first time under new ownership on Saturday. Smaller portions but similar quality (still the best imo).

Bankers is great as you said, but if you want to be a few hundred yards closer to the sea, got to be a sit down at the Regency!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
loads of options around me in Hove but if I want to sit down for fish and chips I go to Bardsley's Baker Street.

15 years living here and it's the best I've had.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tried out Bardsley's for the first time under new ownership on Saturday. Smaller portions but similar quality (still the best imo).

Bankers is great as you said, but if you want to be a few hundred yards closer to the sea, got to be a sit down at the Regency!

I second all of the above.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
"Bit left field but Athena B in Station Road Portslade is reasonable.."

Blast from the past for me, I used to clean there when I was youth! Chips were always good except the one time I forgot to add the preservatives to the tub of potatoes!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks for the update.
Do you, or anyone else, know why Roy, Neil, etc left? Not only did they do the best F&C, they made it such a great occasion going out with their jollity.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Thanks for the update.
Do you, or anyone else, know why Roy, Neil, etc left? Not only did they do the best F&C, they made it such a great occasion going out with their jollity.

Absolutely agree, they will be sorely missed and it wasn't quite the same without a long old chat with Roy. As far as I'm aware, I know they were having issues with the landlord next door (who they had rented the left third of the restaurant from which is now vacant) but seemed to be fine just to downsize a little. Read somewhere that they received an offer that they couldn't turn down and fair play to them! A little sad on my recent trip that none of the regular staff seemed to be there however.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Bardsleys Roy wanted to retire and son not interested in taking over. Have been there since and just as good but without Roys social skills

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here