Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pukka Pies

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pukka Pies are lovely, yes, lots of gravy but bloody nice gravy. I do treat myself and Mrs V to a Turners Steak and Stilton from time to time but always have a couple of Pukka Steak and Kidneys in the freezer for pie and chips.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I bought one a few weeks ago and was either very unlucky or their chicken & mushroom pies are one of the worst I have ever had. So little chicken, one mushroom slice, sauce was “gloopy” and pastry was like suet. Never again. Maybe Charlie Bingham have spoiled me......

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oh dear BG,you've obviously never had a pie from Piglets Pantry at the AMEX. There is simply no comparison. Could this maybe be a price thing? Pukka Pies are cheaper but you certainly get what you pay for.

I have seen these served here in Malta.

Don't fancy them at all. The filling looks like cat food!

Have had several piglets pies on various pilgrimages to the Amex. They are good but would be so much better if not microwaved.Pastry is a bit soggy.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Pukka pies are terrible.
Even the name. Bet they have them at Milwall and Rotherham.

Just before halftime at Doncaster Rovers, the big screen shows a seat number, and Donny Dog runs out and delivers a WHOLE TRAY of Pukka Pies to the delighted occupant of said seat.
933c1776783b1f64dcc202499be60b2c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pukka Pies are lovely, yes, lots of gravy but bloody nice gravy. I do treat myself and Mrs V to a Turners Steak and Stilton from time to time but always have a couple of Pukka Steak and Kidneys in the freezer for pie and chips.

That is exactly my way of operating but sometime instead of Turners we have Bangers from Baker St Brighton.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just before halftime at Doncaster Rovers, the big screen shows a seat number, and Donny Dog runs out and delivers a WHOLE TRAY of Pukka Pies to the delighted occupant of said seat.
933c1776783b1f64dcc202499be60b2c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the high point of the game for Doncy supporters...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Saturdays Beef, potato and cheese was to die for, Superb

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pukka pies are terrible, I would rather starve than eat one.

There are far superior pies to pick up from supermarket shelves.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
As much as I get amused by BGs posts, he brings this up every few months. Do you have Alzheimer's?

If you filled piglets pies full of gravy where do you think it would end up at a football match? All over your belly or lap I'm sure..

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very picky about pies for me it starts with the pastry cannot must not be flacky can be short crust or cold crust the filling steak and kidney but it needs to have chunks of kidney thick rich gravy don't think Pukka pies tick any of my requirements

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What were the pies they sold at Walsall when we was crap.
I had a balti one on a cold Tuesday night, now that was a pie.

Thinking long and hard about it, into the dim and distant past, i think the Walsall pies were Pukka.
Now then, I have had some poor pies from Pukka, but I remember the Walsall balti one that night was very nice and did not drop all over the terrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here