Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
sad thing is it would probably take just ONE first team male player to donate a weeks wages to cover their women's team costs for the whole season .... surely there is enough 'honourable' players there to chip in and pay the costs of the women's team

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
sad thing is it would probably take just ONE first team male player to donate a weeks wages to cover their women's team costs for the whole season .... surely there is enough 'honourable' players there to chip in and pay the costs of the women's team

Not even that given that they are planning on giving Zaha £130,000 a week (apparently). I reckon a squad of (max) 25 players at £250 each comes to £6250 - peanuts! Probably falls out of Zahas pockets everytime he falls to the ground... ;)

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Sure i read somwhere that womans football teams are tax deductable for professional football clubs

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Classless bunch of muppets; it's all smoke and mirrors.

Where's Dougie and postcode boy telling us that CPFC2010 aren't financially strapped huh? If they can't afford 7-8K a season............well.......

I'd chip in for NSC to sponsor them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It would be the ultimate **** you to Palace if we somehow managed to sponsor their womans team. Moral high ground forever pretty much achieved. Absolute nonsense that it could even come to this, Prince Charming and the rest of the Palace board should hang their heads in shame.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The absolute TWODDLE that they've wheeled out about the players sourcing their own funds is hilarious/shocking

“We believe that, as a forward thinking and proactive club, (who don't want to pay for our women's team) we are providing some unparalleled opportunities (you won't see other teams doing this) for some very talented young women(who we won't fund). Our belief is, that with the support and belief (money)from other(anyone but us), equally as progressive and supportive parties(people you can be arsed to pay)we can not only achieve our ambitions, but exceed them.”

Then, from the article

"It is understood the club feel that by encouraging the senior players to seek their own sponsors they are improving the awareness of the women’s game in the community and strengthening ties between individual players and businesses." Unbelievable :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If someone is prepared to organise the NSC sponsorship of a player/the team I'd happily stick a tenner in for a laugh.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'd rather sponsor our women's team. If the palace girls are good enough, they'll go play for another team. Just goes to show how rotten that lot are up the road are.

Our Women's team are already sponsored by Nike & American Express so I think they are probably pretty well sorted!

I'm sure Dougie or postcode boy or one of the other Palace numpties will be along to explain why their club can't get sponsorship for their women's team.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We could slate them - or we could show some real class - and raise the money. Imagine Palace Ladies sponsored by NSC?

Squad of say 18 x £250 = £4,500 we have around 7,000 active users don't we? = £0.65 each.

That said, if people are serious I'll go £100, this is just too funny!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nice idea but can you imagine the MELTDOWN from some people on here for giving money to 'that lot up the road'?

From the replies so far, it seems more popular than you imagined

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Our Women's team are already sponsored by Nike & American Express so I think they are probably pretty well sorted!

I'm sure Dougie or postcode boy or one of the other Palace numpties will be along to explain why their club can't get sponsorship for their women's team.

I must confess I know nothing about ladies football and sadly care less ( that's my bad ) but I read this earlier.

To be honest, I can't see why this is even an issue. If you follow CPLFC on the various media outlets, you will have seen that most of the first team have got sponsorship to cover these fees.

CPFC cover some of the finances, but basically, the Ladies are still an independent club with the same need to have financial input from members as any other non-professional club - in fact most clubs in professional football ask fans or companies to sponsor players, so this is a quite ridiculous story.

As said its not anything that would be on my radar.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If by any chance any of the Palace Ladies Team read this (probably unlikely) or anyone knows one of the team (more likely), I'm sure posting here will get them their £250 pretty quick!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here