Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

‘This is made possible by the substantial financial support from parent club Crystal Palace Football Club’

.....apart from the £250 per player they expected the ladies to find or stump up themselves which was such an embarrassing situation one of your players had to do the decent thing when the owners would not

Nice bit of Palace spin in the article though so thanks for posting

Funny how the team is suddenly getting so much attention from your clubs website and owner what incredibly coincidental timing and nothing to do with the latest PR disaster to come out of CPFC2010

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And the beginning of the thread our friends from up the road were insistent that the ladies team were nothing to do with cpfc(insertyearhere) and professed not care. However as the situation got embarrassing and now that mr tumble has got involved the ladies are an integral part of the club. Clowns.
Good on mr tumble for doing the right thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And the beginning of the thread our friends from up the road were insistent that the ladies team were nothing to do with cpfc(insertyearhere) and professed not care. However as the situation got embarrassing and now that mr tumble has got involved the ladies are an integral part of the club. Clowns.

Nailed it.

This will, of course, be utterly ignored by our resident goonsquad.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We could slate them - or we could show some real class - and raise the money. Imagine Palace Ladies sponsored by NSC?

They'd probably refuse firstly, coming from a club that c**ps in changing rooms and blames others! I wouldn't want my money or name associated with that thanks, as funny as it might look.

If everyone had spare cash to support our rivals, could we've not spend this on something more beneficial like local grass roots football etc instead, which is in need of support... the big money doesn't filter through to the kids, after all Zaha and Co have more than enough cash to (and have) bailed out their own interest.

Just a thought.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Nobody said that, we said they were affiliated. That does not mean they are owned by the same people, they are separate legal entities. I can write this in crayon if you all like and post the picture up, it may be easier to understand then.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Nobody said that, we said they were affiliated. That does not mean they are owned by the same people, they are separate legal entities. I can write this in crayon if you all like and post the picture up, it may be easier to understand then.

Give it rest. The comments alluded that the funding for the ladies team had nothing to do with cpfc, clearly not the case. I would advice crayons as with anything sharper you’ll end up in A&E.
Why you carry on trying to defend the indefensible is beyond me.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Give it rest. The comments alluded that the funding for the ladies team had nothing to do with cpfc, clearly not the case. I would advice crayons as with anything sharper you’ll end up in A&E.
Why you carry on trying to defend the indefensible is beyond me.

I would like to 'advice' you that I never said that and never saw anyone else say that. Indeed you lot were saying that it's points to CPFC having financial difficulties because they require sponsorship, you all ignored the fact that every team in their league is in the same position. As I said they are affiliated to us and we provide funding etc, but we do not cover all of it. Various CPFC groups have sponsored them over the years. It's a non story because it has always been that way.
Anyway I'm off to 'give it rest now' as it's pointless the likes of myself arguing with such geniuses.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would like to 'advice' you that I never said that and never saw anyone else say that. Indeed you lot were saying that it's points to CPFC having financial difficulties because they require sponsorship, you all ignored the fact that every team in their league is in the same position. As I said they are affiliated to us and we provide funding etc, but we do not cover all of it. Various CPFC groups have sponsored them over the years. It's a non story because it has always been that way.
Anyway I'm off to 'give it rest now' as it's pointless the likes of myself arguing with such geniuses.
Cheerio.

Don't rush back.

:wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]1037637389987008512[/tweet]

Disney is now going all-out on the charm offensive then. Its quite clear he was barely aware of their existence before this week, but now he's been SHAMED into acknowledging them, he's actually trying to pretend he's interested. It still absolutely beggars belief that a player has had to step in to help with their funding. A great gesture, but it truly does reflect terribly on the club. This transparent attempt at spin is utterly pathetic from their chairman.

But as we have been repeatedly told now, CPLFC has nothing whatsoever to to with CPFC, so I suppose he's not under any legal obligation.

"But Mr Chairman, with all due respect, that doesn't make any sense. CPFC simply don't have any connection with CPLFC"

That literally just shows the absolute huuuuge distance between us and them. Our ladies team even feature on the club shop, we get regular emails about them - we really are a #together club. Disney has only just asked to keep up with their ladies team results - the county of Sussex club fits perfectly - the town of Croydon club fits perfectly - the levels of class are so far apart and it makes me so so proud to be BHA.

As [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] decided to ignore my question, who is the palace ladies manager pls palace fans?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

orig.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here