Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would love to know how many of you lot actually go and watch women's football? As that's what the women's game really needs.

No you wouldn't love to know. You don't give a shit. I know, cos I go. You don't, so what's it to you?

Personally I don't give a shit...

See?

... if I'm perfectly honest, it's amateur football in all honesty. I was just pointing out that you were wrong, but now you and the other genius will argue it from another direction. I think premier league clubs should do a whole lot more for grassroots football in general, but they don't.

Meanwhile, you've just contradicted yourself with some yawning gibberish.

One - it's not amateur. The women here are full-time professionals. Secondly, women's football IS part of the grassroots set-up, and is doing a lot for it, taking in girls from eight onwards, and nurturing their talents through the pathway scheme. As a Premier League club, we are taking this very seriously. We also do a lot for the community, having a deaf team, a cerebral palsy team, a walking team, a powerchair team, a Down's Syndrome team and many more - ALL in the top division of their particular pursuit.

What's coming across is that Crystal Palace really isn't that bothered about women's football. This much has now been proved.

And you called me wrong? Pitiful. Come back when you have a proper argument to make.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Palace ladies manager has tweeted it’s just a standard player sponsorship they do every season like all clubs, an opportunity for players to put themselves out there to local companies or potential sponsors.
A non story blown up out of all proportion by our south coast chums ( surprise surprise)

You (collectively) keep saying it's a non-story. It IS a story. It shows Crystal Palace aren't supporting their own players properly.

What you're trying to justify is that the individuals must 'put themselves out there'. In other words, use what is effectively an internship to get the club (not the players) some more revenue. This story isn't about the individuals - it's about the lack of support from the club.

No wonder you want to bury it as a non-story.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Palace as a club aren’t interested in Women’s football, because there is no monetary profit in it. “Against Modern football”?? My arse.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No you wouldn't love to know. You don't give a shit. I know, cos I go. You don't, so what's it to you?

See?

Meanwhile, you've just contradicted yourself with some yawning gibberish.

One - it's not amateur. The women here are full-time professionals. Secondly, women's football IS part of the grassroots set-up, and is doing a lot for it, taking in girls from eight onwards, and nurturing their talents through the pathway scheme. As a Premier League club, we are taking this very seriously. We also do a lot for the community, having a deaf team, a cerebral palsy team, a walking team, a powerchair team, a Down's Syndrome team and many more - ALL in the top division of their particular pursuit.

What's coming across is that Crystal Palace really isn't that bothered about women's football. This much has now been proved.

And you called me wrong? Pitiful. Come back when you have a proper argument to make.

Palace ladies are not full time professionals, therefore it is amateur. Oh don't tell me I'm somehow wrong again as you declare it to be so.
I'm surprised five live haven't snapped you up if I'm honest with the knowledge and expertise that you have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Laughable. How can CPFC pull the rug from under a team they down own? :D

Your ignorance is proper gushing on this subject.

I’m really enjoying your posts on this one.

I think you mean a team that CPFC2010 have actively and deliberately DISOWNED. For the sake of a few grand. And its not ignorance at all - those are facts. You may not like them, but it doesn't make them wrong.

Actually I should have just used this post to point out you really don’t have a clue about how women’s football operates and how it’s funded and let you carry on making yourself look as uninformed as you clearly are.

There’s no point arguing with someone so vociferous on a subject they don’t actually understand beyond a quick google.

Have a great night, I’ll leave this thread to those who want to argue utter bollocks between each other simply because of club rivalry.

Let me know which player your sponsoring, I’d appreciate that.

I know how the BHA womens team is funded and supported - by the club (oh look, there's that word again). It promotes inclusiveness, it encourages participation, it engenders pride, aspiration, all valuable aspects to a football club that is truly at the heart of its community, and recognises the value that the womens team bring to that. In contrast, CPFC2010 would rather penny-pinch than support. But then we've all seen where 80% of your turnover ends up.

Personally I don't give a shit if I'm perfectly honest, it's amateur football in all honesty. I was just pointing out that you were wrong, but now you and the other genius will argue it from another direction. I think premier league clubs should do a whole lot more for grassroots football in general, but they don't.

What am I wrong about exactly ? Can you be specific ? You've been at pains to point out that the Crystal Palace womens football team has absolutely nothing whatsover to do with Crystal Palace Football Club. Despite wearing the shirt, respresenting CPFC2010 in a League, and being called Crystal Palace Ladies. Despite CPFC2010 applying for them to play in the FA Womens Championship, in your jesters outfits. And yet....as soon as the subject of funding comes up, weeelll....they might as well be Millwall Lionesses eh ? Nothing to do with us, guv. See ya love.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So let's get this straight - the Crystal Palace women's team are a totally independent entity and just franchise the Crystal Palace name ( and badge ? ) and copy the colours ? Does Charming charge them a fee for this ???

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I think you mean a team that CPFC2010 have actively and deliberately DISOWNED. For the sake of a few grand. And its not ignorance at all - those are facts. You may not like them, but it doesn't make them wrong.

Explain exactly how CPFC2010 have “have actively and deliberately DISOWNED” a team they have never owned?

I know how the BHA womens team is funded and supported - by the club.

So you have just assumed that the Brighton model is replicated throughout women’s football?

Like I suggested, you don’t appear to understand just how the majority of affiliated women’s clubs are funded. Bluster as much as you like, you really haven’t got a clue if you think Brighton’s women’ team is how the rest of the leagues are funded.

What am I wrong about exactly ? Can you be specific ?

How most senior women’s football uses sponsorship.

See above for more details. [/quote]

You've been at pains to point out that the Crystal Palace womens football team has absolutely nothing whatsover to do with Crystal Palace Football Club.

No I haven’t suggested anything of the sort.

Your lack of comprehension is astounding, I stated that CPFC2010 don’t own CPLFC, and you interpreted that as them having “absolutely nothing whatsover to do with Crystal Palace Football Club”. Really? :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So let's get this straight - the Crystal Palace women's team are a totally independent entity and just franchise the Crystal Palace name ( and badge ? ) and copy the colours ? Does Charming charge them a fee for this ???
Gonna wait till he knows they've got some cash.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Explain exactly how CPFC2010 have “have actively and deliberately DISOWNED” a team they have never owned?

So you have just assumed that the Brighton model is replicated throughout women’s football?

Like I suggested, you don’t appear to understand just how the majority of affiliated women’s clubs are funded. Bluster as much as you like, you really haven’t got a clue if you think Brighton’s women’ team is how the rest of the leagues are funded.

How most senior women’s football uses sponsorship.

See above for more details.

Thats what the revamp is about. How can they get the money to become pro otherwise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace will have to hope the Ladies don't get promoted to the same league as our women.

This is the first season that the Women’s Super League, the top tier of the women’s game, is fully professional. The FA has stated the 11 teams in the top league, to which Palace hope to gain promotion, have to pay their players a professional salary and treat them as they do the male teams.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

By failing to support them ? They come under the "wing" of Crystal Palace Football Club. They carry the name. They wear the strip. They represent the club. The womens team is never going to make money, its not going to be profitable, but that shouldn't really be the point. You choose to focus on an issue of "ownership" as though they're nothing to do with Palace, because it suits a financial agenda not to help fund them. Pretty grubby. But as I say, thats just the Palace way.

Nope. If you'd bothered reading the thread, you'll have seen that I mentioned Notts County folding their womens team, because they couldn't afford to fund it. Which is understandable in their case. But NOT in yours. And not in ours. Or other PL clubs who now support womens football teams.

No I haven’t suggested anything of the sort.

*sigh*

I wasn't even quoting you with that response, you absolute pilchard.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Thats what the revamp is about. How can they get the money to become pro otherwise.

Personally I think your model is indeed the way to go and will the one probably adopted by most, if not all of the current senior teams in woman’s football.

But that isn’t the model the vast majority of those teams currently adopt, Palace included. Something that the yappier members of NSC seem blissfully unaware of.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You choose to focus on an issue of "ownership" as though they're nothing to do with Palace, because it suits a financial agenda not to help fund them.

I didn’t choose “to focus on an issue of "ownership", I simply stated that CPFC2010 don’t own CPLFC in a post and left I at that.

Then it was a bit like swatting mosquitoes admittedly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I found myself, on a weekly basis, defending a new clusterf**k, at some point I'm sure I would be saying to myself:-

'maybe, just maybe, something is wrong'.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Personally I think your model is indeed the way to go and will the one probably adopted by most, if not all of the current senior teams in woman’s football.

But that isn’t the model the vast majority of those teams currently adopt, Palace included. Something that the yappier members of NSC seem blissfully unaware of.

Its the only way it can be done. Women football isn't big enough to attract the kind of money needed to get the ball rolling. As el pres said the insentive is there as the money spent on the womens team doesn't count towards FFP, just like the academy. Its how the FA wants it run.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn’t choose “to focus on an issue of "ownership", I simply stated that CPFC2010 don’t own CPLFC

nice-image-middle-aged-man-260nw-594692123.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here