Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Viral pneumonia

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ok, anyone had it? Any actual advice on home remedies?

Right now I have ZERO energy, get raging fevers at night and cold sweats.

All perfectly capable to cope with ordinarily but we’ve just completed on a house purchase and I’ve a sum total of 15 days to get work done before we move in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i know its challenging to get an appointment, but a visit to doctor for a anti-viral will be the best hope, then few days rest. i had it couple of years ago, took me out for a week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Make sure you keep drinking water. It is very easy to become dehydrated.

Bed and rest mate.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
chicken soup ...home made ....cut out sugar , peanuts , chocolate .....most viruses feed off glucose.....plenty of liquids , not alcohol , other than that it will have to take its course, all the best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was the house purchase particularly stressful? Could well be linked. I had a horrendously stressful house move last year and got GOUT straight after completion, like my body was finally letting up.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Was the house purchase particularly stressful? Could well be linked. I had a horrendously stressful house move last year and got GOUT straight after completion, like my body was finally letting up.

Yes yes it was.

I had tenants in my flat we were selling who were advised by the council to remain until I evicted them in order to get social housing.

Nearly lost my buyer and our vendor nearly pulled out because it took an extra three months. Incredibly stressful.

Thanks to others for some good ideas.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes yes it was.

I had tenants in my flat we were selling who were advised by the council to remain until I evicted them in order to get social housing.

Nearly lost my buyer and our vendor nearly pulled out because it took an extra three months. Incredibly stressful.

Thanks to others for some good ideas.

Brutal - can completely empathise.

We had difficult neighbours, and potential house moves fall through 4 times due to dodgy buyers, timewasters, an insanely pernickity Solicitor (the other 3 solicitors in the chain all thought she was being ridiculous and obstructive).

We eventually exchanged at 5.15pm on the final day that it was humanly possible to exchange without everything collapsing again - my Wife and I had already agreed before that if it collapsed this time we would give up for 6-12 months, as we couldn't handle the stress any more, even though that would've meant effectively throwing £4-6,000 down the drain.

I got pretty ill straight after from the stress of it.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Sadly my late wife died very suddenly. She was fine at 3:30 pm and less than 12 hrs later she had gone. Post mortem showed cause of death Viral pneumonia. Its vicious with little or no chance of surviving according to my family doctor. So to be brutally honest I dont think you have it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly my late wife died very suddenly. She was fine at 3:30 pm and less than 12 hrs later she had gone. Post mortem showed cause of death Viral pneumonia. Its vicious with little or no chance of surviving according to my family doctor. So to be brutally honest I dont think you have it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear that.

However the outcome will depend on the virus. Trusty Wikipedia lists numerous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_pneumonia

Viral lung infections are common. I had one. It cleared up by itself. Antivirals can be given for a lung infection but selection it depends on the virus. That level of detail would require acute sever illness and hospitalization. Some viruses have no useful antiviral for treatment.

Message to OP - watch yourself!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Ok, anyone had it? Any actual advice on home remedies?

Right now I have ZERO energy, get raging fevers at night and cold sweats.

All perfectly capable to cope with ordinarily but we’ve just completed on a house purchase and I’ve a sum total of 15 days to get work done before we move in.

Does the work really Have to be done? Rest will be best. Your body is already down working through might make you feel worse.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Does the work really Have to be done? Rest will be best. Your body is already down working through might make you feel worse.

Yep. An 8 month old daughter and wife who are insistent that we move in as soon as our tenancy ends in two weeks [emoji85]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yep. An 8 month old daughter and wife who are insistent that we move in as soon as our tenancy ends in two weeks [emoji85]

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk{QUOTE]

you can't buy your health mate ....keep going and you'll be fooked , your 8 month old daughter will never know and she will prefer to have an active , healthy father when she's 5 rather than a dribbling mess after a major health issue .....don't be a dick , have a rest ....read my previous post you'll see what i mean .

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
as above, you'll get more done in a week later on if you lay up for few days now, than if you try to plough on through.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've had a chest infection for the last couple of days and I can honestly say the night-times have been some of the worst few hours of my life. I just hope I sleep well tonight. No shut eye between 1am-8am and I'm aching all over my body. I get a thirst for cold Lucozade still orange but going downstairs to the fridge at 6am feels like a real challenge. No energy and I just don't feel like eating anything - just a couple of light pancakes tonight.

It's comes to something when you have to go back to your mum's to keep an eye on you. G/F is always at work so if I was to stay there I could make her ill. I'm thrashing around all night and moaning in pain. I've even had to get my mum to phone work - quite pathetic! At least she's really helping me.

Hope you feel better soon, Barham's Tash and I'm lucky that I don't have the stresses that you have at the moment. Hopefully each day you will feel better. :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
chicken soup ...home made ....cut out sugar , peanuts , chocolate .....most viruses feed off glucose.....plenty of liquids , not alcohol , other than that it will have to take its course, all the best.

Sydney, I hope things are ok for you mate and you're getting the best possible treatment. I shouldn't be moaning like a girl when you've got far more serious problems.

PM me if you prefer. Once I feel better I'll PM you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
as above, you'll get more done in a week later on if you lay up for few days now, than if you try to plough on through.

I agree. Rest as much as you can now, to give your body a fighting chance to overcome the virus, because it could get very serious if you don't.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thanks for all the steadfast advice.

I actually feel better having started some antibiotics - the bloods showed up an infection - so doc reckons now unlikely to have been V Pneumonia although that was her best guess at the time.

My fevers have mostly subsided but a distinct lack of appetite persists. Wife taken to just presenting me with food rather than ask what we should have etc and it seems to work as I’ll eat something that way!

Have taken on board what everyone said and have forked out for decorators to do the painting so for now I’m limited to wallpaper stripping and carpet removal.

Day

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
carpet removal with dodgy chest? make sure you get a decent face mask, not a cheapo disposable one. and a sharp knife, split the carpet up rather than trying to pull out whole. full room carpet is heavy and awkward to manoeuvre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here