Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your best Band discovery in 2018

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hasn't been a big year of new bands/artists for me. Notable discoveries:

Cigarettes After Sex - might've been late 2017...if you like slowdive you'll like this.
Peter Gabriel - I know, insanely late to him but enjoying some of his work now.
Son Lux
Princess Century
The Soft Moon

And a load of Vaporwave and Synthwave stuff, plenty of which is disposable some can be enjoyable to binge on if in the right mood.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm a year or two behind the curve on both of these bands but I'm there now so all's well that ends well. Or something.

July Talk: fantastic canadian rock band.

The Dune rats: catchy as **** Australian rock/punk

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

I like hardcore bands like Agnostic Front , Sick of it All etc.........Terror have been going a while, but only saw them in January . Totally blew me away. Got tickets for the Underworld in December. Defiantly my favourite new band.

Brighton and Hove City Brass Band (yes really).

Saw them live on Eastbourne Bandstand last week with fireworks at the end to accompany their cover of the 1812 Overture, other covers were Stairway to Heaven and Sound of Silence. I am sure you will not be surprised to learn that a powerful cover of William Ward-Higgs most well known tune, "Sussex by the Sea", featured on their set-list. Mrs. P. and even the youngest Pottings (15 & 16) enjoyed the show.

Any members of the band on this board perchance??

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sunburst.

22 years after their seminal demo I've rediscovered the best band in the whole universe.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sunburst.

22 years after their seminal demo I've rediscovered the best band in the whole universe.

Never heard them myself but wife says they were the best thing since white sliced bread. Maybe they'll play The Neptune one evening, if they can put their differences to bed (along with their kids) and the wives let them have a night out.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm afraid they are a bit Marmite. Saw them at Sonisphere years ago. They came with quite a reputation even then. Thought they were terrible, but gave them the benefit of being on in the afternoon and in daylight. Saw them headline Bloodstock last year. Still didn't like them, however other people were raving about them . Got a decent sized crowd, so I think it's safe to say I am in a minority.

Albert Hall gig next weekend sold out as most of the world tour seems to be including early 2019 shows. They are not really a Sonisphere or Bloodstock type band, more pop rock. They seem to be huge at the moment. Great live band when the do the full show with Cardinal Copia and the other characters. Can't stop playing the new album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here