Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your best Band discovery in 2018

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ok, I’ve not heard of her I’ll take a look. Going back to Freya Ridings, my step son, who is in a band, said that they performed at the same venue in London as her a couple of years ago, he said that there was something special about her then. A tough ladder to climb in a very competitive industry, good luck to her, and my step sons band to of course.

What is the name of your step sons band?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm so late on the scene with this band that they were formed in East Germany...

High in a medieval castle in Austria in the middle of winter, all flickering torchlight and mulled wine, there was some atmospheric authentic-sounding music playing in the background. It sounded stunning. I absent-mindedly Shazam'ed it and forgot about it. No reception through the thick and ancient castle walls. Back in the 21st century, up popped the name Corvus Corax. Did a bit of Youtubeing and discovered a magnificent wall of sound. All neo-medieval instruments, primitive-sounding bagpipes and multiple pounding drummers. Band members looked positively pagan, all raven heads and animal skins. Glorious sound, glorious look. Oh, and turns out they did the main theme to Game Of Thrones. One of their quieter moments. Their live shows look astounding. I'd really love to see them over here, though they appear to gig almost exclusively in and around their native Germany. I strongly suspect they are unaware of the invention of the aeroplane.

(ever come across them [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]?)

800px-Corvus_Corax_German_Band.jpeg

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm so late on the scene with this band that they were formed in East Germany...

High in a medieval castle in Austria in the middle of winter, all flickering torchlight and mulled wine, there was some atmospheric authentic-sounding music playing in the background. It sounded stunning. I absent-mindedly Shazam'ed it and forgot about it. No reception through the thick and ancient castle walls. Back in the 21st century, up popped the name Corvus Corax. Did a bit of Youtubeing and discovered a magnificent wall of sound. All neo-medieval instruments, primitive-sounding bagpipes and multiple pounding drummers. Band members looked positively pagan, all raven heads and animal skins. Glorious sound, glorious look. Oh, and turns out they did the main theme to Game Of Thrones. One of their quieter moments. Their live shows look astounding. I'd really love to see them over here, though they appear to gig almost exclusively in and around their native Germany. I strongly suspect they are unaware of the invention of the aeroplane.

(ever come across them [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]?)

View attachment 100452

Never been to Lewes then????

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Danny & the Champions of the World
Joana Serrat
WardThomas
- all discovered in the last 72 hours at the Long Road festival.
Also the excellent Shires, though had seen them once before at the Dome.
Interesting thread, seeing what other NSC-ers are listening to.
More please!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Idles.

Completely missed their debut, 'Brutalism', last year but heard 'Joy as an Act of Resistance' in a pub the other night and haven't stopped listening to it since.

Brutalism is far superior . Superb band. Looking forward to seeing them at the concord

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here