Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 x 1901 club tickets for sale on a per-season basis

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Does it come with complimentary prawn sandwiches?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
By the way, i haven't bought the tickets. I was just pissed off that someones registered to post once just to make money and probably has no intention to contribute anything else.

Thought I'd see if the OP was following the forum. They've even asked for a PM (becuase it sends an email), so they don't have to bother checking back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
By the way, i haven't bought the tickets. I was just pissed off that someones registered to post once just to make money and probably has no intention to contribute anything else.

Thought I'd see if the OP was following the forum. They've even asked for a PM (becuase it sends an email), so they don't have to bother checking back.

I knew - the thumbs up was cos I thought your post was funny.

I do wonder how the club will view the proposed transaction. While it’s true that a 1901er can legitimately transfer their seat for games, it is supposed to be on a free of charge basis - that’s written into the contract. Also, a Season-long transfer could possibly be seen as against the spirit of the agreement, though not, afaik, not the letter. The transfer for money though - that’s a no no.

Clause 8.2 (paraphrased) ... the member can transfer the seat for a game...providing there’s no financial transaction...

Leemus

Aug 3, 2011
Hi there, i have 2 x 1901 club tickets up for grabs immediately on a per season basis.
They are located in the middle tier of the West Stand (Sussex Skills Solutions Lounge), halfway between the North Stand penalty area and the halfway line.
I own the seats (lifetime membership @ £1000 each), and wish to carry on holding these licences for now (unless i am made a good offer for the pair - may be of interest to corporate buyers).
The current cost for the pair of tickets is £213 per month and buyer would pay me directly via monthly direct debit or standing order - access to the Sussex Skills Lounge before the match and at half time, access to all other lounges at full time, train travel included (within certain areas - check website), and cup games also included.
Please 'Private Message' me if interested and i will explain further and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you.

To all those that have taken the time to reply to this thread, i can confirm that the post is genuine.
My financial circumstances have changed recently, hence the offer to make my 2 tickets available on a per-season basis until i am in a stronger financial position to take the tickets back on.
As a Brighton fan for 41 years, having been through all the ups and downs with the club, and enjoying where we are now, making this decision is all the more tough....having waited so long to get to the top.
I thought that offering the tickets may give a couple of other fans, who maybe want but cannot get hold of tickets, the opportunity to enjoy the 1901 experience.
In hindsight, i probably should have taken more time to check the nature of the responses to some of the other threads before posting.
I thought this was a site for genuine Brighton fans with blue & white blood running through their veins....i also thought that 'NSC' stood for 'North Stand Chat' but, looking at the responses, maybe it stands for 'North Stand Cynics'.
I'm obviously in the minority, as i would have taken this post at face value - but it's clear from the responses that there's not a lot of love or trust out there.
You need to lighten up a little lads - you're better than this.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To all those that have taken the time to reply to this thread, i can confirm that the post is genuine.
My financial circumstances have changed recently, hence the offer to make my 2 tickets available on a per-season basis until i am in a stronger financial position to take the tickets back on.
As a Brighton fan for 41 years, having been through all the ups and downs with the club, and enjoying where we are now, making this decision is all the more tough....having waited so long to get to the top.
I thought that offering the tickets may give a couple of other fans, who maybe want but cannot get hold of tickets, the opportunity to enjoy the 1901 experience.
In hindsight, i probably should have taken more time to check the nature of the responses to some of the other threads before posting.
I thought this was a site for genuine Brighton fans with blue & white blood running through their veins....i also thought that 'NSC' stood for 'North Stand Chat' but, looking at the responses, maybe it stands for 'North Stand Cynics'.
I'm obviously in the minority, as i would have taken this post at face value - but it's clear from the responses that there's not a lot of love or trust out there.

North Stand ***** is what it stands for [emoji23]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

...and check mirror

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We’ve just been round the block several times on the subject of selling tickets in the last year. The ticket exchange section of this site was removed. Several got bans last year.

You’ll forgive folk for treating all ticket offerings in this way now.

I’d suggest you check with the club first if what you have proposed is allowed. Otherwise you might find yourself still paying for the tickets but unable to use them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

To be fair, it is only [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] who seems truly cynical. Good luck selling them and hopefully you won’t be away for too long.

Leemus

Aug 3, 2011
No worries - i guess i tried!
See you 2 weeks Saturday for Tottingham then :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Leemus

Aug 3, 2011
Unlike other s/t's, are 1901 seats allowed to be sold on etc?

The 1901 club 'Private Seat Licences' can be sold on privately but, once you have found a buyer, you have to get the contracts drawn up and signed through the club.
Tickets for individual games can be listed via the club website ("season ticket exchange"). If the club find a buyer then, as a 1901 season ticket holder, the club refund you 1/23rd of your season ticket cost (1/23rd as there's 19 home games and to take in to consideration any cup games - which are included for 1901 holders).
In effect, the holder (for Gold membership) receives £55 per ticket per match - and the club lists them for sale north of £100 on the secondary market.
So in answer to your question young Weststander, Private Seat Licences and individual match tickets can be sold on (i have been in contact with the club and have it confirmed in emails).
Hope this helps.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
........ Private Seat Licences and individual match tickets can be sold on (i have been in contact with the club and have it confirmed in emails).
Hope this helps.

This does help and had you mentioned it in your initial post there would have been less (but not zero) cynicism.

I’m surprised at the club's mark up that you quote. I understood that it was as just going to be a token admin fee.
Anyway, hope things improve for you and you are soon able to return (with perhaps a more modest ST).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The 1901 club 'Private Seat Licences' can be sold on privately but, once you have found a buyer, you have to get the contracts drawn up and signed through the club.
Tickets for individual games can be listed via the club website ("season ticket exchange"). If the club find a buyer then, as a 1901 season ticket holder, the club refund you 1/23rd of your season ticket cost (1/23rd as there's 19 home games and to take in to consideration any cup games - which are included for 1901 holders).
In effect, the holder (for Gold membership) receives £55 per ticket per match - and the club lists them for sale north of £100 on the secondary market.
So in answer to your question young Weststander, Private Seat Licences and individual match tickets can be sold on (i have been in contact with the club and have it confirmed in emails).
Hope this helps.

Yep, both scenarios you posit here are indeed permitted - a permanent transfer of your licence to someone else, using the club to cancel your contract and to draw a new one up for the buyer; and the listing of your seats on the official club ticket reselling platform.

However, neither of those is what you were proposing in your OP. Instead, you were suggesting that a side deal between two fans was instigated on a season-long basis, for direct financial compensation. This is explicitly prohibited by clause 8.2; though its extremely unlikely that the club would have found out about it unless you advertised it on a social media platform that the club reads. Oh.

I do hope that your financial situation improves soon, allowing you to continue to enjoy watching the best Albion team I’ve ever seen (apart from Bong, of course. Oh, and Schelotto. And Stephens, March, the sicknote Andone obviously, and a keeper who’s so short that a daisy-cutter will lob him).

UTA.

Leemus

Aug 3, 2011
Yep, both scenarios you posit here are indeed permitted - a permanent transfer of your licence to someone else, using the club to cancel your contract and to draw a new one up for the buyer; and the listing of your seats on the official club ticket reselling platform.

However, neither of those is what you were proposing in your OP. Instead, you were suggesting that a side deal between two fans was instigated on a season-long basis, for direct financial compensation. This is explicitly prohibited by clause 8.2; though its extremely unlikely that the club would have found out about it unless you advertised it on a social media platform that the club reads. Oh.

I do hope that your financial situation improves soon, allowing you to continue to enjoy watching the best Albion team I’ve ever seen (apart from Bong, of course. Oh, and Schelotto. And Stephens, March, the sicknote Andone obviously, and a keeper who’s so short that a daisy-cutter will lob him).

UTA.

:) You are absolutely bang on Goldstone.....but i was hoping to offload my tickets on a temporary basis, rather than sell the Private Seat Licences and lose my seats forever (i assume there's a waiting list).
I'm reasonably sure that what i am proposing is not the "done thing" as far as the club is concerned, but after waiting 41 years to get to this level (apart from 79-83, when i was standing on a milk crate and too young to travel on my own to away games), parting with my tickets permanently would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Hopefully that is understandable to everyone who has taken time to read my post - as mentioned, it may give an opportunity to a couple of fans who wish to get involved but cannot due to lack of ticket availability.
Whether it is right or wrong i guess is open to debate - in my eyes, i don't believe that i am doing anything underhand - but at the same time apologies to those that maybe think i'm in the wrong.
By the nature of the responses received it looks as if i am in the minority.
No dramas.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
:) You are absolutely bang on Goldstone.....but i was hoping to offload my tickets on a temporary basis, rather than sell the Private Seat Licences and lose my seats forever (i assume there's a waiting list).
I'm reasonably sure that what i am proposing is not the "done thing" as far as the club is concerned, but after waiting 41 years to get to this level (apart from 79-83, when i was standing on a milk crate and too young to travel on my own to away games), parting with my tickets permanently would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Hopefully that is understandable to everyone who has taken time to read my post - as mentioned, it may give an opportunity to a couple of fans who wish to get involved but cannot due to lack of ticket availability.
Whether it is right or wrong i guess is open to debate - in my eyes, i don't believe that i am doing anything underhand - but at the same time apologies to those that maybe think i'm in the wrong.
By the nature of the responses received it looks as if i am in the minority.
No dramas.

I don’t think many, if any, fans will have any problem with your proposed solution - I certainly don’t. It’s just that the club have been very vocal about fans not circumventing the rules and there are a few examples of them banning those that do. Most fans believe that there is a big difference between the club clamping down on pro touts and them clamping down on Joe Average Fan doing what fans have always done, but the club don’t appear to be willing to recognise that there is a difference.

The very best of luck in getting a solution that works for you :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here