Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 x 1901 club tickets for sale on a per-season basis

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:) You are absolutely bang on Goldstone.....but i was hoping to offload my tickets on a temporary basis, rather than sell the Private Seat Licences and lose my seats forever (i assume there's a waiting list).
I'm reasonably sure that what i am proposing is not the "done thing" as far as the club is concerned, but after waiting 41 years to get to this level (apart from 79-83, when i was standing on a milk crate and too young to travel on my own to away games), parting with my tickets permanently would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Hopefully that is understandable to everyone who has taken time to read my post - as mentioned, it may give an opportunity to a couple of fans who wish to get involved but cannot due to lack of ticket availability.
Whether it is right or wrong i guess is open to debate - in my eyes, i don't believe that i am doing anything underhand - but at the same time apologies to those that maybe think i'm in the wrong.
By the nature of the responses received it looks as if i am in the minority.
No dramas.

I think what [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] is saying is that you are permitted to:

- sell on your 1901 licences, permanently, to another person who will assume the ongoing financial burden you currently have.
- pass on the seats for individual matches to other fans, so long as you do not charge them for that.

What you are proposing is neither of these. He, and others, are merely advising caution because, as he says, NSC is scrutinised heavily by the club, particularly on all matters related to ticketing, and no one wants you to fall foul of the club and, potentially, suffer as a result.

It may be best for you to contact the club and ask very specifically if what you are proposing is permissible.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club won't allow you to do this.

They likely won't find out.

Selling the tickets to someone you don't know is a risk - particularly if they are the sort to, say, after a few drinks, get upset with a loud Palace fan in 1901.

If anything got out of hand, you'd be the one with the ban.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s face it, what you are trying to do might be honourable in your mind but it smacks in the face of what you signed up for.

It is unreasonable to think that the club would sell you a licence and match tickets as a package and then let you sell the match tickets on using an unconnected independent chat room. To protect everyone ( you, the purchaser, the club, NSC) why don’t you explain your position to the club and understand your options?

I suspect you won’t like the answer but a contract is two way - and you signed it. In your shoes I would not want to be sweating on the payment arriving each month. What would you do if it was cancelled? the ticket sold on, etc ? Would be difficult to explain to the club.

Did they still allow milk crates into the Goldstone in 1979?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did they still allow milk crates into the Goldstone in 1979?

Whilst not a milk crate, they certainly allowed me to take a large wooden box in at this time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whilst not a milk crate, they certainly allowed me to take a large wooden box in at this time.

I was trying to remember if they were ever officially banned and when fences were introduced

Hang on a minute, you’re not Leemus are you����

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was trying to remember if they were ever officially banned and when fences were introduced

Ah, I understand. I do recall a ban on milk crates at some point, but not ‘79. Fences went up some time after the 3-1 Spurs game. I guess the start of the next season.

And no, I’m not flogging my tickets so I’m not Leemus :smile:

Leemus

Aug 3, 2011

If i remember correctly, fences were introduced after West Ham came down and smashed the place up....i was there, standing on a milk crate in the West Stand with my mate and his Dad, enjoying a bag of strawberry sherbert and sh*tting myself as it all kicked off in the North...think i was 8 or 9 years old.
I take on board the responses and will go through the necessary channels - what i was proposing was in good nature, but i've obviously stirred a bit of a wasps nest, and for that i am sorry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought this was a site for genuine Brighton fans with blue & white blood running through their veins....i also thought that 'NSC' stood for 'North Stand Chat' but, looking at the responses, maybe it stands for 'North Stand Cynics'.
I'm obviously in the minority, as i would have taken this post at face value - but it's clear from the responses that there's not a lot of love or trust out there.
You need to lighten up a little lads - you're better than this.

With respect, you've not done a whole lot of North Stand Chatting these past seven years. None at all in fact. So spare us the lecture. People have every right to be cynical. In the complete absence of any previous posting evidence, only you know if you're a genuine fan or not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With respect, you've not done a whole lot of North Stand Chatting these past seven years. None at all in fact. So spare us the lecture. People have every right to be cynical. In the complete absence of any previous posting evidence, only you know if you're a genuine fan or not.

I actually thought the opposite; straight in with a lecture is perfect NSC. I’m now hoping for some un fathomable views on football, and some grammar pendentry in the next day or two. And “anyone know where I can see the game in xxxxxxxx” within six months.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I actually thought the opposite; straight in with a lecture is perfect NSC. I’m now hoping for some un fathomable views on football, and some grammar pendentry in the next day or two. And “anyone know where I can see the game in xxxxxxxx” within six months.

Pedantry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yup, them's the rules.

King of the mews

Sep 5, 2018
Very interested in tickets please could you get back to me thanks If you still have them

Hi there, i have 2 x 1901 club tickets up for grabs immediately on a per season basis.
They are located in the middle tier of the West Stand (Sussex Skills Solutions Lounge), halfway between the North Stand penalty area and the halfway line.
I own the seats (lifetime membership @ £1000 each), and wish to carry on holding these licences for now (unless i am made a good offer for the pair - may be of interest to corporate buyers).
The current cost for the pair of tickets is £213 per month and buyer would pay me directly via monthly direct debit or standing order - access to the Sussex Skills Lounge before the match and at half time, access to all other lounges at full time, train travel included (within certain areas - check website), and cup games also included.
Please 'Private Message' me if interested and i will explain further and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you.

Vert interested if you still have them please let me know then I can give contact details

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here