Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] RIP Servalan

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Two heroines of my younger days gone. First Aretha and now Servalan. R I P.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Was she a villain in one of the Superman (Christopher Reeve) movies as well with Terrence Stamp?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just 3 TV channels existed when Servalan was first on our screens - and BBC2 wasn't up to much if I remember correctly. This was proper boxset TV for the time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As a child we sat in a beer garden in Sussex (probably after my dad was playing cricket) and this odd threesome were having a drink together.

Servalan
Peter Purvis
and the bloke with the beard you used to do fingerbobs

Rick fingerbobs Jones also known for this , much sampled, bit of mad 70s jazz/pop.

https://youtu.be/2mAQaQfx_ZE

The drum break is the last few seconds Paid in Full - the Eric B/Coldcut/Rakim track.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ah Blakes Seven. The ultimate beige and brown early 1970's low budget TV Sci-Fi. Star Wars it wasn't...

From what I recall Blake was more of a Woodwork Teacher than a Galactic Rebel and his character eventually got binned so the morally dubious but far more fun Avon could run the Rebellion.

For some reason this included having several free and frank Ugandan Discussions with Servalan. Lucky Boy! :lolol:

Think the lead decided he was a better actor and merited better than Blake's 7.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
She did a nude scene in the film White Mischief but unfortunately because she didn't have the Servalan haircut at the time it just didn't have the same effect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is she the Welsh Doris from Hi-Di-Hi?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think she had a restaurant in Lewes a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here