Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Chris Evans

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think Chris Moyles would be the natural replacement and perfect fit but haven’t seen his name mentioned in the running at all?

Didn't he have a massive falling out with the BBC after he left the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, he was promised a new show but nothing ever materialised and he was pretty much off the airwaves until he started his new show on Radio X.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Didn't he have a massive falling out with the BBC after he left the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, he was promised a new show but nothing ever materialised and he was pretty much off the airwaves until he started his new show on Radio X.
Er. He bought and then sold Virgin Radio and made an Absolute (oh yeah) fortune.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I think Moyles was asked to leave with 18 months left on his contract so he couldn't work anywhere else, but yes nothing else than he fancied popped up so he just sat it out.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought R2 had been shut down

Personally more concerned with losing Radcliffe and Maconie from R6 in the afternoon.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Rad Mac to the Radio 2 breakfast show!

Or Richard Bacon would be a good option.

I quite like Chris Evans - there, I have said it.

Quite like Sarah Cox as well, give her the job. What happened to the guy who used to do "Last Bus To Whitehawk" perhaps he could send in his CV??

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Chris Evans breakfast show has been eight baffling years of noise and nonsense. He does that unfathomable short story thing for kids, spends Friday mornings sucking up to great guest who are utterly wasted on his show, pretends to like football, athletics, certain types of music and anything else that he thinks will ingratiate him to whoever is sat in front of him at the time and bangs on constantly about what his kids are up to. Utter crap.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Chris Evans had no chance of filling Wogans shoes, as much as Wogans doing TFI Friday!

But perhaps Evans and Benteke could swap jobs. Both useless overpaid logs, but at least Evans would probably score more goals than Benteke, and Benteke would probably be more entertaining on the radio than Evans is.
Just a thought...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
They’ve lost that slot as well have they? Used to listen to their R2 evening show before they were replaced with Whiley, she must have some connections somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here