Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Chris Evans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If they broadcast old recordings of Terry Wogan's Radio 2 breakfast show half the audience wouldn't notice and the other half wouldn't care.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jessie J thrown her hat into the ring.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Jessie J thrown her hat into the ring.

Then clearly it's not about the money, money, moneyyyy... :nono:

Evans went from the very funny, wacky 'wild child type grown up' to boring twazzock when he joined R2. I got so sick of hearing about his wife and kids and his self deprecation I stopped tuning in. He's also had a facelift so bad he permanently looks like he's just stepped in dog crap barefoot and is trying to look shocked, but failing. Doesn't matter on Radio though, in fairness.

Moyles... I liked to start with, then got all aloof about him, then actually really missed him when he left. He's now like a 2:1 diluted version of his R1 self, which may suit R2. A contender.

Sara Cox. No doubt she's a Pro. I wouldn't want to hear her droning and slurring 'Lancarrrr-shurrrr' accent of a morning though. Sorry. She's also too self deprecating. Only Ken Bruce seems to be good at this.

Mayo has been ruined by Wylie. They sound so awkward together, like she's just walked into Mayo's studio and perched on his desk like a dumped girlfriend come to 'have a talk'... Go away love, let Simon get on with it again.

Grimshaw. WTF? As good at Radio as Stephen Hawking was at keepie-ups whilst stood on a space hopper. I wouldn't listen to him on Hospital Radio... Idiot. Put me off Radio 1.

Jessie J? She can't speak English, innit... raaaaigggght... Droney tart. Sorry. Radio 2 is one of the last bastions of English being spoken correctly. Please man the fort...

Johnnie Vaughan? He's a Pro. As skittish as a spring lamb with Ralgex on its sphincter, but if you can weather that he's good. A contender.

Frank Skinner? I think if they put a gram of Coke in his coffee he'd be brilliant. I love his Absolute Radio show on a Saturday morning, but that's because my work rate has dropped 90% as it's Saturday... He couldn't motivate me to crack a curler out on a Monday morning, even if I was given a rag to bite on.

Vanessa Feltz? A very, very well educated lady and also a lovely person (yes, I've met her). Too factual and cerebral for a breakfast show.

Ambrose Harcourt? Sussex Legend. Don't even think about dissing this man. Again, I've met him - and he's lovely. He'd be as good at a breakfast show as a Gerbil would be at taking down a Wildebeest though. Ambrose, I love you. Run for PM instead. :thumbsup:

Breakfast is all about feeling good, making us feel the day ahead isn't another groundhog day sh1t-fest, and making sure that we don't pick up the phone and dial in sick (I'd be dialling myself mind you as I run my own business) but you get the point. I'm all for a comedian to take the reins.

Manford. Possibly.

However... how brilliant would Ant & Dec be? Bet you never thought of that.... (once Ant is better, so they'd need a stand in)

Right. These straightjacket straps are too loose. Doctorssss!!!

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Back in the day I used to really like Chris Evans but found him unlistenable on Radio 2. I still enjoy Chris Moyles on Radio X but the BBC wouldn’t want his type of show on (too much talk, not enough music) so I’d like to have Zoe Ball or Sara Cox as Evans replacement myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Then clearly it's not about the money, money, moneyyyy... :nono:

Evans went from the very funny, wacky 'wild child type grown up' to boring twazzock when he joined R2. I got so sick of hearing about his wife and kids and his self deprecation I stopped tuning in. He's also had a facelift so bad he permanently looks like he's just stepped in dog crap barefoot and is trying to look shocked, but failing. Doesn't matter on Radio though, in fairness.

Moyles... I liked to start with, then got all aloof about him, then actually really missed him when he left. He's now like a 2:1 diluted version of his R1 self, which may suit R2. A contender.

Sara Cox. No doubt she's a Pro. I wouldn't want to hear her droning and slurring 'Lancarrrr-shurrrr' accent of a morning though. Sorry. She's also too self deprecating. Only Ken Bruce seems to be good at this.

Mayo has been ruined by Wylie. They sound so awkward together, like she's just walked into Mayo's studio and perched on his desk like a dumped girlfriend come to 'have a talk'... Go away love, let Simon get on with it again.

Grimshaw. WTF? As good at Radio as Stephen Hawking was at keepie-ups whilst stood on a space hopper. I wouldn't listen to him on Hospital Radio... Idiot. Put me off Radio 1.

Jessie J? She can't speak English, innit... raaaaigggght... Droney tart. Sorry. Radio 2 is one of the last bastions of English being spoken correctly. Please man the fort...

Johnnie Vaughan? He's a Pro. As skittish as a spring lamb with Ralgex on its sphincter, but if you can weather that he's good. A contender.

Frank Skinner? I think if they put a gram of Coke in his coffee he'd be brilliant. I love his Absolute Radio show on a Saturday morning, but that's because my work rate has dropped 90% as it's Saturday... He couldn't motivate me to crack a curler out on a Monday morning, even if I was given a rag to bite on.

Vanessa Feltz? A very, very well educated lady and also a lovely person (yes, I've met her). Too factual and cerebral for a breakfast show.

Ambrose Harcourt? Sussex Legend. Don't even think about dissing this man. Again, I've met him - and he's lovely. He'd be as good at a breakfast show as a Gerbil would be at taking down a Wildebeest though. Ambrose, I love you. Run for PM instead. :thumbsup:

Breakfast is all about feeling good, making us feel the day ahead isn't another groundhog day sh1t-fest, and making sure that we don't pick up the phone and dial in sick (I'd be dialling myself mind you as I run my own business) but you get the point. I'm all for a comedian to take the reins.

Manford. Possibly.

However... how brilliant would Ant & Dec be? Bet you never thought of that.... (once Ant is better, so they'd need a stand in)

Right. These straightjacket straps are too loose. Doctorssss!!!

Mamford for me falls under annoying manc.

I like the idea of Richard Bacon. Is a pro, funny and available.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...has announced he has skin cancer.

Early stages and treatable.

All the best to him.
Sounds as if they have caught it very early and he should be ok….I had something similar and share the same complexion and it all got sorted (not the complexion 👀).

Always sensible to keep an eye on any moles etc you might have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here