Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Watch has never appealed to me, but then I'm not into fitness. :D

Currently got a 6S Plus 64GB and seriously thinking about the XS Max 256GB, but it's the mental barrier of paying over a £1000 for a phone!
The reason why there's a mental barrier is that your brain is reminding you that it's completely insane to pay that much just for a brand name.

Your subconscious is trying to do you a favour. It probably won't work though. That's why Apple have billions of dollars.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The reason why there's a mental barrier is that your brain is reminding you that it's completely insane to pay that much just for a brand name.

Your subconscious is trying to do you a favour. It probably won't work though. That's why Apple have billions of dollars.

You're not just paying for a brand name.

You're also paying for a ten year old user interface and hilarious fragility.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Amazed they are still doing so well, competitors have caught up and they have few unique selling points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does the new Xs look any different to the X? I’m wondering whether to upgrade now, or wait for the next one.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Does the new Xs look any different to the X? I’m wondering whether to upgrade now, or wait for the next one.

The XS is basically identical but with a speed bump. If you don't give a shit about 3D touch or a "telephoto" lens, the XR is 90% of the phone for 75% of the price. Get one of those.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Apple won the race 5+ years ago when people switched to iPhone. Now it's just easier for most people to be on the tick-tock cycle of buying the latest one when their contract is up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Someone called me t'other day, spending a minute or so reiterating the fact that they were speaking to me ON A WATCH.

alan-partridge-gif-8.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wait...you can blur the background of your pictures ? For a grand ?

Stuff the holiday, get me one of those phones NOW.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only if you get the new gold colour they've introduced this time round.

Thanks. Gold isn’t my thing.

As no one is going to notice I’ve got the new phone I think I’ll wait until the next update.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ticking most of the usual boxes this one...

- You have to pay a zillion pounds to get <insert feature here>? Ridiculous.
- Apple are old-hat, living on past glories.
- Hysterical parodies that are the only thing more predictable than Apple telling the world that this is their most gorgeous iPhone ever.

Not sure there's much of the "Android had that 7 years ago" type posts that tend to appear, but that may just be symptomatic of how mature the smartphone market now is, with little genuine innovation going on anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here