Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm still in two minds...mainly because of working whilst wearing it....and I might hang on for the Nike edition.....in two minds.but I'm definitely going to upgrade form my series 2

Is the Nike one not out yet? And what is actually different about the Nike one - is it just the strap?

(I realise I could answer this myself by going to another tab in my browser.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is the Nike one not out yet? And what is actually different about the Nike one - is it just the strap?

(I realise I could answer this myself by going to another tab in my browser.)

Oct 5th I think...I know I wouldn't get it until the end of the month if ordered today (checked site earlier today)....ummm strap and some watch faces exclusive to that watch....and at same price

Edit ...cant see October 5th bit now ..but delivery is 22/29 October
if ordered now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oct 5th I think...I know I wouldn't get it until the end of the month if ordered today (checked site earlier today)....ummm strap and some watch faces exclusive to that watch....and at same price

https://www.istocknow.com - can help finding products when they come into stock so you can reserve for store pickup if you can be bothered. I can't remember what time Apple update their stock for the day so you can hop on and try and snag something.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apple watch. I just find it funny that grown men are discussing it, let alone wearing one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So, who has a new toy today and what do you think?

Marques Brownlee like the new Watch. I think I might finally take the plunge, as he backs up my "not worth it before, is now: view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naIaW4pk_-o
In the interest of being objective I've just watched that. Its not just because it's Apple, all I can think when looking at the video is "what a pointless, fiddly, ugly looking bracelet".

Fannying about with tiny dials and a tiny screen for the sake of the the one second it takes to get your phone out of your pocket. I don't get it. The only extra thing you get is that you look like a tit while using/wearing it.

I get the smart watch thing for sport, if you do loads of running.... sort of. But what's the point of them aside from that? And he said the most expensive one was $900. [emoji23]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apple Churchill Square currently have some 44mm cellular watches in for reservation and pick-up. I'm tempted to pay the extra £100 just because of "want a new toy now".

Lol ..laying out for the watch is squeezing me ...and i’m still in a dither over watch size ..need to go try one on ..i’d be interested to know how u get on though

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In the interest of being objective I've just watched that. Its not just because it's Apple, all I can think when looking at the video is "what a pointless, fiddly, ugly looking bracelet".

Fannying about with tiny dials and a tiny screen for the sake of the the one second it takes to get your phone out of your pocket. I don't get it. The only extra thing you get is that you look like a tit while using/wearing it.

I get the smart watch thing for sport, if you do loads of running.... sort of. But what's the point of them aside from that? And he said the most expensive one was $900. [emoji23]

What is the point of any watch in that case if you have a phone on you? :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apple watch. I just find it funny that grown men are discussing it, let alone wearing one.

I'm the same with replica shirts, but hey, each to their own. Bronze by the way!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here