Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Buying a Authentic watch online?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I know there are a few watch experts on here so looking for a bit of advice.
I know nothing about watches but want to buy one for the wife for her birthday
She wants a Micheal Kors. Where do I buy one online and be sure it authentic and I’m not buying a fake?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
426D3902-4611-4C47-A534-A64768F703F9.jpeg

Dec 29, 2011
Weirdly I bought a Michael Kors watch online yesterday for my girlfriend. You can't go wrong on Amazon, if it's not genuine as described you're entitled to send it back. Check all the reviews and the sellers account to make sure other reviews say the products are genuine

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Michael Kors watches are so bad I suspect the you wouldn't be able to tell the real from the fake !

Paint on gold is paint on gold.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I have to agree there. Michael Kors is just a fashion brand who'd put their name on a dog turd if it would sell for a profit. My Daughter insisted on buying one, which fell to bits in no time. However, in true teenager style, she didn't learn - and bought another one which again promptly looked 5 years old after 5 weeks, then fell apart. punish:

If you're after an (and I don't mean this in any way disrespectfully) entry level watch, I'd go with Seiko, Casio or the like. They do watches full-time. They're good at it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Thanks for that, TBH i had never heard of the brand until she mentioned it. im not a labels person, i will have a look cheers.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With all due respect Michael Kors watches are not expensive enough to bother copying.

Usually more expensive watch brands like Rolex or Omega are the type of brands you need to be wary of fakes.

My advice is if it looks too good to be true, usually it is a fake.

Only buy.from recognised major watch retailers or from very well established watch sellers on e bay who have a long history of selling watches and on e bay you have come back to get your money back of course

I saved over £2k on a 2006 Rolex watch I bought on e bay from a watch dealer with a 8 year previous history of selling Rolexs and had it authenticated at the watch shop in bond street in Brighton where they wanted £2k more for the same model watch they had in store.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As many others have already said, Michael Kors is a ladies fashion brand, making clothing and very fancy handbags (and has just acquired Jimmy Choo shoes I believe). They do not make watches, they just put their name on a product made by somebody else. If you find watches carrying the Michael Kors name at massively discounted they will be utter toot, as the genuine ones will only be a 'normal' quality watch to start with. But it that is what the lady wants then fair enough.

I am a great believer in buying products from companies that actually have a background in manufacturing in that sector. That said, I wish I could find where Montblanc branded aftershave is made as it is bloody lovely, smells nothing like writing ink!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I inherited a small amount of money when my Father died, via my great grandmothers trust fund, and invested in a Heuer Monaco . . . . I rarely wear it but it is very nice.

This guy is really good, and a fraction of the price of a 'trophy' watch https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ He sponsors our race series and I was lucky enough to win one a few years ago for derring do on the race track!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only ever use a reputable high street jeweller in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here