Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sweaties derby and a DRUM.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The atmosphere at the Glasgow derby has always amazed me with its passion and intensity. I just turned it on now and wow, they've allowed a drum in (tinpot). All one can hear is its poxy beat, it's totally ruined the atmosphere.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Goal mouth scrambles, long balls....and crazy commentating - enjoying it.

"he poot iz laces thro it"
" aye, keenly constested"
"a wee telling cross."

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The atmosphere at the Glasgow derby has always amazed me with its passion and intensity. I just turned it on now and wow, they've allowed a drum in (tinpot). All one can hear is its poxy beat, it's totally ruined the atmosphere.

I think Celtic have had a drum for some time now. The atmosphere won’t be as good as the normal Old Firm Derby as both clubs have agreed to restrict away support to only 800 fans this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I think Celtic have had a drum for some time now. The atmosphere won’t be as good as the normal Old Firm Derby as both clubs have agreed to restrict away support to only 800 fans this season.

Not sure the reduced away number was mutually agreed. Rangers announced they would reduce their allocation and Celtic followed tit-for-tat. Celtic said they were not consulted.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure the reduced away number was mutually agreed. Rangers announced they would reduce their allocation and Celtic followed tit-for-tat. Celtic said they were not consulted.

Fair enough. Shite decision for the away supporters. 6,000 away fans rings a bell normally for Old Firm games. Normally a fantastic atmosphere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shite hoofball expect nothing more from a lower crap. Sky, BBC sweaties can big it up all they like , it’s sub standard. My dog could manage Celtic to win the league

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Shite hoofball expect nothing more from a lower crap. Sky, BBC sweaties can big it up all they like , it’s sub standard. My dog could manage Celtic to win the league
As evidenced by Brendan Rodgers winning it a bajillion times.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just watching a bit while it's lunch in the cricket. The standard is REALLY bad isn't it. Quite funny actually.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Worth noting both Celtic (by the back door maybe) and Rangers still in the Europa League unlike poor Burnley

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Worth noting both Celtic (by the back door maybe) and Rangers still in the Europa League unlike poor Burnley

Though Burnley didn't exactly field a full strength side, did they?

Lots of talk today (as usual) about where the Monkey Tennis giants would fit in the Premier League. Needless to say, their fans are convinced they'd excel, given the same money English clubs get from TV.

Which is funny, as big crowds and a guaranteed £90 million per season doesn't seem to have done Newcastle or Sunderland much good, say.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Lots of talk today (as usual) about where the Monkey Tennis giants would fit in the Premier League. Needless to say, their fans are convinced they'd excel, given the same money English clubs get from TV.

Which is funny, as big crowds and a guaranteed £90 million per season doesn't seem to have done Newcastle or Sunderland much good, say.
They'd fit quite nicely into the bottom two places in the Premier League and then spend years struggling in the Championship. And that's being generous.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

In the Europa League playoffs? They absolutely did, at least in the second leg against Olympiakos on TV.

Not sure what the point you're making about Sunderland and Newcastle is - of course a big club CAN do badly if they're badly run. Just like a small side can do well if they're well run. But on paper, Celtic and Rangers as clubs could compete with the top Premier League sides if they had the same TV revenue. As proven by how they did so in the 90's/ early 00's, even when the PL money was higher. But they aren't going into the Premier League so its a dud argument, and one that is only ever brought up by English fans.

There is some serious small penis syndrome going on on this board whenever someone mentions Scottish football. (I appreciate this might not apply to everyone...).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In the Europa League playoffs? They absolutely did, at least in the second leg against Olympiakos on TV.

Not sure what the point you're making about Sunderland and Newcastle is - of course a big club CAN do badly if they're badly run. Just like a small side can do well if they're well run. But on paper, Celtic and Rangers as clubs could compete with the top Premier League sides if they had the same TV revenue. As proven by how they did so in the 90's/ early 00's, even when the PL money was higher. But they aren't going into the Premier League so its a dud argument, and one that is only ever brought up by English fans.

There is some serious small penis syndrome going on on this board whenever someone mentions Scottish football. (I appreciate this might not apply to everyone...).

I suppose for some (all) people it's just that we've watched the MTL and seen that it's really, really bad. What's penis size got to do with the fact that Scottish football is rubbish?
66bfe62a8a51f3c337b177fa0d786aab.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here