Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Substitutions

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm shocked it hasn't been mentioned. We made 3 attacking substitutions to try and change the game. 1 was in the 60th minute and then a double in the 72nd. Nice early and able to change the result

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I left at 0-2. I had had enough. We scored while I was in the gents. Then I cme back. Everyone laughed. Different game. Glad I stayed.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
CH seems to have finally taken notice of NSC's advice about substitutions!

And not before time. If he’d only take more notice of the advice on these pages then we’d be top of the league and wondering about our European opponents. :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It was exciting to see us change things and even at 2-2 we didn't hold out for a point we were pushing to find the winner

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm shocked it hasn't been mentioned. . 1 was in the 60th minute Nice early

Before you get carried away with the early substitution in the 60th minute, can I just point out that CH will probably see removing Gross as a necessary substitution due to his ankle injury and should in no way be seen as an early tactical switch.

The 2 latter changes are close to CHs standard timeframe for changes, and were only attacking changes as we were behind at the time.

Normal service will resume at Southampton with the earliest change not being made before the 75th minute, and if we are winning or drawing will be to hold what we have.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Interestingly enough they were discussing tactical subs etc on soccer Saturday about Wagner at Huddersfield and other newly promoted sides saying how they are happy with a draw at 70 mins etc and won't go all out for the 3 points and how Sean Dyche at 70 mins will bring on 2 attacking subs and where they ended up in the table last year
Maybe CH had taken a leaf of out Burnley's tactics book ??

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here