Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Fulham***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seems these are dying out a little, as can’t see one anywhere, apologies if I’ve missed it.

6 - average

Ryan 7
Montoya 9
Bong 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 5
Knockaert 8
Stephens 9
Propper 6
March 6
Gross 5
Murray 7

Bissouma 6
AJ 6
Locadia 6

Ref 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
6 - average

Ryan 7 - good save at the end
Montoya 8 - have we found a young Bruno?
Bong 6 - defensively ok but crossing still needs work
Duffy 6 - ok
Dunk 5 - Poorest game in a long time but he is class and will be back
Knockaert 9 - MOM bust a gut to make things happen. Should not have been subbed
Stephens 7 - gave the ball away but is integral in the middle
Propper 6 - ok
March 6 - marmite: flashes of brilliance mixed with toilet - little in between
Gross 5 - took a knock and struggled thereafter
Murray 8 - tireless work and finishes when required

Bissouma 6 - still learning the league
AJ 6 - still learning the league
Locadia 6 - - still learning the league?

Ref 7 - didn't get much wrong

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Propper 6???

Must have been watching a different game to me. I thought he was excellent.

Agree about Montoya though. If he stays fit, can’t see Bruno displacing him any time soon.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Gross Is well below par and shouldn't of started ahead of Bissouma.
Dunk was back too soon and showed in allowing fulham in for the second goal
Knockaert was lively and creative, But his stupid temperament is the reason he got subbed I think.
March, well he tried, but showed he hasn't got the quality to finish at this level.

The rest were ok.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 6

Montoya 8 MOTM
Duffy 6
Dunk 5
Bong 6

Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
March 6

Groß 5
Murray 7.5

Bissouma 6
Locadia 6.5
Jahanbakhsh 6

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Defensively today Bong was appalling. Watch the highlights, freeze frame his starting position, his error cost us the first goal. He had time to adjust and try to help Solly confront the mminent danger with two coming, but instead he adjusted the OTHER WAY and tucked in even narrower, giving them even more space to enter the danger area unchallenged.

I thought Montoya and Murray were top drawer.
Propper, Stephens and Knocky were next drawer.
Duffy, March and Ryan were next drawer.
Dunk, Gross and Bong were bottom drawer. Which is unusual, few would have predicted these three down there pre match, but for me that was about as bad as any of them get, and we all have bad days .... even I have a bad day occasionally, but not very often.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
And of the 3 changes. Bissouma looked lightweight in the challenge. Locadia’s unchallenged header shows he is not a natural poacher with his head, it just had no oomph. And Alireza in his brief cameos looks like he is struggling with the pace and intensity of PL footie, which is not surprising.

The 16 day break is CHs real opportunity to get some injured players properly back in the fold, although not FA obviously because of his unmentionable problem, and to get the new boys really really rehearsed into the playing systems and shapes. 3 more very tough games right after the break, if we end up with 7 from 7 we probably ought to be happy with that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - didn't have tons to do but a couple of smart saves
Montoya 8 - very good defensively. More time with Knockaert should help
Bong 6 - poor offensively, decent defensively but his positional issues really are starting to tell. The impact on our left hand side as a whole is really starting to tell.
Duffy 5 - given a torrid time. Loses the ball with free headers far too often.
Dunk 4 - given an even more torrid time and an awful mistake to boot
Knockaert 8 - a good assist and looked lively throughout.
Stephens 7 - overrun first half but got a grip of the game second half and gave us more composure
Propper 7 - similar to Stephens - needs to get forward more though, as the offensive difference with Bissouma was massive
March 7.5 - excellent defensively and good going forward. Should have scored at a crucial time though.
Gross 3 - just not on it at all.
Murray 6.5 - a poor game masked by decisive goals, even if he didn't have to do much for either of them.

Bissouma 7 - gave us much needed impetus and running when moved back to CM. Playing the Gross role clearly doesn't suit him positionally though.
AJ 6.5 - not as good as Knockaert, but looked a threat and looked to create throughout. Promising.
Locadia 6.5 - again, gave us impetus. Makes runs which ours other forward options don't seem to, but the players behind simply don't look for this type of run in behind. A poor header from a good position though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely 4.7 is average?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 7. Did what he had to do.
Montoya 8 MoM Class above and we won't be seeing Bruno for a long time
Duffy 6. Felt he was covering for Dunk a bit too much and therefore neglecting his own duties. Played better with Balogun alongside him
Dunk 5. Not match fit, bullied by Mitrovic and shouldn't have been on the pitch
Bong 6. One of those performances which confirms everyone's already-held opinions about him - some things very good, some things weak
Knockaert 8. Terrier although his final ball didn't do too much. sometimes ran too fast for his brain to catch up
Propper. 8 Seems to be playing a little bit further forward and all the better for it. Some lovely through balls
Stephens 7. Does the dirty work but also sometimes has games where he thinks he is much better than he is (although he is always good). This was one of those games
March 6. He can run quite fast, he can sometimes put in a good cross when he looks up, he does defensive duties selflessly. He is not a PL quality footballer. Jose cannot return soon enough
Gross 5. Worst game for us - was he carrying a knock even from the outset?
Murray 8. What a horrible player he is to have to defend against. Did what he does and I thought with the way he took the penalty was making a point. Legend

Bissouma 6 played too deep - and should have been on much earlier for Gross
Ali - 6 once his mind and body click together at PL speed he will be very very good
Locadia 7 As for Ali but he is capable of menacing defences

CH 6. Got it wrong today with Dunk. Balogun ought to have started. Bissouma ought to have been on immediately after half time

Ref: Good match

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ryan 7. Did what he had to do.
Montoya 8 MoM Class above and we won't be seeing Bruno for a long time
Duffy 6. Felt he was covering for Dunk a bit too much and therefore neglecting his own duties. Played better with Balogun alongside him
Dunk 5. Not match fit, bullied by Mitrovic and shouldn't have been on the pitch
Bong 6. One of those performances which confirms everyone's already-held opinions about him - some things very good, some things weak
Knockaert 8. Terrier although his final ball didn't do too much. sometimes ran too fast for his brain to catch up
Propper. 8 Seems to be playing a little bit further forward and all the better for it. Some lovely through balls
Stephens 7. Does the dirty work but also sometimes has games where he thinks he is much better than he is (although he is always good). This was one of those games
March 6. He can run quite fast, he can sometimes put in a good cross when he looks up, he does defensive duties selflessly. He is not a PL quality footballer. Jose cannot return soon enough
Gross 5. Worst game for us - was he carrying a knock even from the outset?
Murray 8. What a horrible player he is to have to defend against. Did what he does and I thought with the way he took the penalty was making a point. Legend

Bissouma 6 played too deep - and should have been on much earlier for Gross
Ali - 6 once his mind and body click together at PL speed he will be very very good
Locadia 7 As for Ali but he is capable of menacing defences

CH 6. Got it wrong today with Dunk. Balogun ought to have started. Bissouma ought to have been on immediately after half time

Ref: Good match

Saved me 10 minutes typing - thanks.

This. Word for word.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
6 - average

Ryan 7 - good save at the end
Montoya 8 - have we found a young Bruno?
Bong 6 - defensively ok but crossing still needs work
Duffy 6 - ok
Dunk 5 - Poorest game in a long time but he is class and will be back
Knockaert 9 - MOM bust a gut to make things happen. Should not have been subbed
Stephens 7 - gave the ball away but is integral in the middle
Propper 6 - ok
March 6 - marmite: flashes of brilliance mixed with toilet - little in between
Gross 5 - took a knock and struggled thereafter
Murray 8 - tireless work and finishes when required

Bissouma 6 - still learning the league
AJ 6 - still learning the league
Locadia 6 - - still learning the league?

Ref 7 - didn't get much wrong

When you ask if we have found a young Bruno, this is exactly what I said when we singed him. His experience and class already shows through and if anyone can replace the legend that is Bruno, it's Montoya. Great singing. But Bruno, like Calderon, will never lose the place he has in Albion hearts.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
To be fair that ball in looked weak.

I’ve just watched the Skylights again, and you are correct, the ball was much more floaty than I had seen it real-time. There was never enough pace on it to contort the neck and snap it home from there. Sorry.

You see, I get most things right, but I’m always happy to hold my hand up when I’m clearly wrong....

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Propper 6???

Must have been watching a different game to me. I thought he was excellent.

Agree about Montoya though. If he stays fit, can’t see Bruno displacing him any time soon.
Agreed. I think Propper tends to be undermarked because he makes it look eas. He doesn't need to huff & puff

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 7 - Reliable as ever
Montoya - 7 - Very tidy
Bong - 6 - Hughton, quite rightly, trusts Bong as he's bloody hard to get around. His quality in the final 3rd (especially the airy, floaty crosses to 6 foot 5 goalies) I believe will cost him his place to Bernado in the next few games ... and Bernardo won't look back
Dunk - 6 - OK OK. He played a short back pass and it cost us a goal. Now estimate the number of times he's done it successfully and the keeper has been able to whack it upfield and relieve the pressure compared to Dunk conceding a throw 10 yards from the byline. I'm going to guess it's about 500 successful back passes .... for the price of 1 failure. I can live with those numbers.
Duffy - 6 - We'd really miss him if we didn't have him
Propper - 8 - My Man of the Match. He oozes .... not sure what it is ..... he just oozes
Stephens - 7 - Totally undroppable
Knockeart - 8 - Even when he's not sparkling he's putting in a shift. He did brilliantly for our first goal
March - 7 - Now Solly .... don't listen to the NSC idiots, you're quality player who deserves to be where you are. Keep running at people, keep getting in the box. That consistency of crossing and finishing will come in time
Gross - 5 - yeh, he hasn't had the same impact this season. It was a very heavy knock to run off that he took early which could explain sub par today. The Cruyff turn is still in working order, but incredibly is under serious pressure for his place
Murray - 7 - A menace... and the most natural goalscorer i've seen play for Brighton. I'll be amazed if Andone, Locadia or anyone we sign can displace him from the starting line up ... this season ... or next

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The last time we played Fulham at home in the championship we won 2-1 I think, Our lineup in 2016 was
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert Substituted for Skalalak 72'minutes
Stephens Booked at 61mins
Sidwell Booked at 58mins
Murphy
Murray
Baldock Substituted for Norwood 84'minutes

When you look at that, and our lineup yesterday, And Fulham's new team.
You have to think, Hell the how are we still even in the premier league.

We are stood still and going backwards.
if our new signings weren't injured or 'need time to adapt' apparently. Maybe I could be a little optimistic.
But it's so frustrating.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The last time we played Fulham at home in the championship we won 2-1 I think, Our lineup in 2016 was
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert Substituted for Skalalak 72'minutes
Stephens Booked at 61mins
Sidwell Booked at 58mins
Murphy
Murray
Baldock Substituted for Norwood 84'minutes

When you look at that, and our lineup yesterday, And Fulham's new team.
You have to think, Hell the how are we still even in the premier league.

We are stood still and going backwards.
if our new signings weren't injured or 'need time to adapt' apparently. Maybe I could be a little optimistic.
But it's so frustrating.
Our team now is a comfortable step up. But Fulham have taken 3 steps up. On the plus side at least we are being managed effectively off the field and not overspending.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here