Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Fulham***

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The last time we played Fulham at home in the championship we won 2-1 I think, Our lineup in 2016 was
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert Substituted for Skalalak 72'minutes
Stephens Booked at 61mins
Sidwell Booked at 58mins
Murphy
Murray
Baldock Substituted for Norwood 84'minutes

When you look at that, and our lineup yesterday, And Fulham's new team.
You have to think, Hell the how are we still even in the premier league.

We are stood still and going backwards.
if our new signings weren't injured or 'need time to adapt' apparently. Maybe I could be a little optimistic.
But it's so frustrating.

Alternatively we had half a PL side when still in the Championship

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 7 Reliable and had no chance with either goal or blame attached to him.
Montoya 9 It has taken time but we have foun d the successor to Bruno
Duffy 6 Spent his time trying to cover Dunk and it affected his game.
Dunk 4 Very poor out played, out muscled and obviously not ready for return.
Bong 6 Some good defending but some bad crosses
Knockaert 7 Some good moments but very petulant and a red card waiting to happen.
Stephens 7 Usual Mr Reliable and the engine of the team
Propper 6 Bit anonymous but some good moments
March 6 Attacked the full back well but poor end products in crossing and shooting. Defeneded well when needed.
Gross 5 One of his poorest matches epitomised by his poor penalty.
Murray 7 Difficult to control an got his MOM by the 2 goals not his overall performance imho.
Subs

Bissouma 6 Promised a lot but not up to expectation
Locadia 5 Will show if and when we play to his strengths.
Jahanbakhsh 6 Some good moments but needs to get involved more.

CH 6 Good positive substitutions but cocked up recalling Dunk.for Balgun perhaps thinking he would handle Mitrovic best but it didnt wiork

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The last time we played Fulham at home in the championship we won 2-1 I think, Our lineup in 2016 was
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Bong
Sidwell Booked at 58mins
Murphy
Murray

Especially as we seem to have played that match with 10 men!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knockaert, Murray, Ryan and Propper all stood out for me as having a great game.

Funny how we all watch the same game but have different views and opinions. I thought they were all ok but nothing special even GM who scored 2 goals so must give him a little more praise.but none came up to the level of Montoya's performance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Bong
Sidwell Booked at 58mins
Murphy
Murray

We are stood still and going backwards.
if our new signings weren't injured or 'need time to adapt' apparently. Maybe I could be a little optimistic.
But it's so frustrating.

But we should be looking at that with pride. We have developed as a team, whilst remaining loyal to many players who got us to the PL - and by and large they have improveupped their game to cope with the higher level. I would much rather that then buying success.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Glad to see you like Bong. Thanks for your insight!!!!!
Defensively today Bong was appalling. Watch the highlights, freeze frame his starting position, his error cost us the first goal. He had time to adjust and try to help Solly confront the mminent danger with two coming, but instead he adjusted the OTHER WAY and tucked in even narrower, giving them even more space to enter the danger area unchallenged.

I thought Montoya and Murray were top drawer.
Propper, Stephens and Knocky were next drawer.
Duffy, March and Ryan were next drawer.
Dunk, Gross and Bong were bottom drawer. Which is unusual, few would have predicted these three down there pre match, but for me that was about as bad as any of them get, and we all have bad days .... even I have a bad day occasionally, but not very often.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree about Montoya though. If he stays fit, can’t see Bruno displacing him any time soon.

I thought the same about Balogun and Dunk.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 7 pretty reliable
Montoya 8 good long term replacement for El Capitano but at this moment Bruno is still main man
Bong 7 such an important player to the team gets a poor press on here unfairly in my opinion
Duffy 6 not his best performance lost his man for there second goal
Dunk 6 again not his best as others have suggested did he come back to soon
Knockaert 8 what an influential imaginative driven petulant player got to love him
Stephens 8 what an influential imaginative driven player minus any apparent petulance
Propper 7 not his best game
March 7 sadly lacked composure with just the keeper to beat but like Bong is more to the team than many give credit for
Gross 6 penalty miss right after going off for his ankle to be strapped not started this season to the high standards we know he has
Murray 9 MOTM 2 goals amazing performance

Bissouma 6 an exciting player still settling in
AJ 6 first time I have seen glimpses of the player he might be
Locadia 6 best appearance this season looked like he was a bit more interested

Ref 7 did OK

Fulham were very good we were lack luster until 0-2 down then we came to life and Fulham went backwards 2-2 a point well won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Knockaert 7 Some good moments but very petulant and a red card waiting to happen.
March 6 Attacked the full back well but poor end products in crossing and shooting. Defeneded well when needed.
Murray 7 Difficult to control an got his MOM by the 2 goals not his overall performance imho.
Subs

CH 6 Good positive substitutions but cocked up recalling Dunk.for Balgun perhaps thinking he would handle Mitrovic best but it didnt wiork

Fair summing up in my opinion

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Only saw second half on TV when we were less dominant. Thought Murray was brilliant and certainly MOTSH followed by AK. People talked about rash tackles, they didn't look bad on TV. A lot of criticism of Dunk on this thread. Not his best game but certainly not as bad as some of the marks. Houghton gambled or felt Dunk would be better dealing with Mitrovic physical presence. It didn't work, not sure Balogun would have done any better as Mitrovic was nearly as good at his hustling as Murray is.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 7
Montoya 7.5
Duffy 6.5
Dunk 5 - off the pace, the mistake was coming the whole game
Bong 7
Knockaert 7.5 - MoM
Stephens 7
Propper 7.5
March 6
Gross 5.5
Murray 7.5

Bissouma 6
Locadia 6.5
Jahanbakhsh 6.5

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ryan - 6.5. Didn't have much chance with the first, made good saves during the second goal and late on v Sessegnon.
Montoya - 7. Looks class. Quick, good touch, keeps things simple. Not as flair as El Capitan but a clear successor.
Dunk - 5. Was bullied for 90 minutes by Mitrovic, his poorest performance for us for a few years.
Duffy - 6.5. Solid as always. Slightly surprised he didn't match up on Mitrovic, would have been a blood and thunder battle.
Bong - 7. Defensively very solid and got forward well. He and Solly have a good understanding, he just needs better delivery.
Knockaert - 7.5. Back to his best. Had the left back on toast and tracked back brilliantly. Bit of a petulant reaction to being subbed though.
Stephens - 7. Kept things ticking extremely well and controlled things despite being outnumbered in the middle.
Propper - 7. He really is absolutely class. A Rolls Royce, the way he glides around the pitch. We missed his vision and range of passing from deep when he was sacrificed.
March - 7. Think some of the marks have been incredibly harsh. He was our most potent threat for most of the game, albeit missing an absolute sitter.
Gross - 5. Had a poor game, even excepting the penalty miss. After the knock he looked like he was struggling for a while, subbing him off was long overdue.
Murray - 7.5. Such a clever forward, a nightmare for defenders. Physical, aggressive, but wins countless free kicks, he's critical to how we play. God help us if he got injured.

Bissouma - 6. Tried a bit too hard. Dynamic and direct but a bit naive. Needs to play with his head up and learn when to run with it and when to release the ball.
Ali J - 6. Not sure what his particular strength is yet. He's got a yard of pace but he's not rapid. He's got a decent touch but not skilful and tricky. I sense he'd do well as a no.10, the way he ghosts around.
Locadia - 6. Looked a bit disinterested at times and doesn't work as hard as Murray or Gross, but grew stronger as the game went on. Needs a goal.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Subs

I'll go along with that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7 No chance with goals
Montoya 7 Good game but do miss Brunos over lapping
Dunk 5 OK apart from huge mistake that cost goal
Duffy 6 OK Week in and out see players score from corners. For just a big bloke should do more
Bong 7 OK
Stevens 7 OK
Gross 5 Poor game
Propper 7 OK and should have had an assist with ball to March.
Knockhaert 7 Very good in spells. but final ball is so often poor. Correct to take off
Murray 8 has to be be MOM with two goals and created penalty.
March 5 Great to see at start go by the full back but where was he attacking wise after that. Poor final ball.
Bissouma 5 poor
Ali J 6 did ok. Will be interesting when he gets a run in side as sure his previous record for assist suggest his final ball will be better then what we have now
Locadia 6 Again looking forward to him having a run

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 6.5 - didn't have much to do, no chance with the goals
Montoya - 7 - I like him, feel like he is going to get better as the season progresses
Duffy - 6 - Not as good as he has been. Covering for Dunk.
Dunk - 4.5 - Concerning. 2 big mistakes in 2 home games.
Bong - 6 - Needs to improve delivery
Knockaert - 7.5 - Great assist after winning the ball.
Stephens - 7 - done the dirty work
Propper - 7 - showed his class
March - 6 - needs to improve delivery, should have scored.
Gross - 6 - Not at his best, was clearly struggling with early knock
Murray - 7.5 - well taken goal, well taken penalty and his intelligence won a penalty and man free kicks. MOM.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ryan - 8. Class act, key late save from Sessegnon.
Montoya - 9. Cal, composed, good tecnique, strong in the tackle, a collosus.
Dunk - 6. Struggled against Mitrovic but still gave his all for the cause with a couple of key tackles and blocks.
Duffy - 7. Great leader won some aerial duels and was strong in the tackle.
Bong - 8. A swashbucking performance, sound defensively and caused Fulham no end of problems going the other way.
Knockaert - 8. Dribbling skills of a new born baby, a joy to watch.
Stephens - 8. Great all round midfield performance, kept things ticking over and started many attacks with his excellent use of the ball.
Propper - 8. Class act, never gives the ball away, always looking forwards and driving at the Fulham defence, they couldn't contain him.
March - 7. One dissapointing miss aside he was excelent, clever turns, twisting and turning,
Gross - 6. Mark off for the penalty miss but apart from that he was fine, albeit seen him more effective in an Albion shirt.
Murray - 8. Tenacious, clever, picks up such good positions and took his penalty with aplomb.

Bissouma - 7. Great effort, a real powerhouse.
Ali - 7. Got the ball deep and shown some real class but not in the game enough for me.
Locadia - 7. Thought he looked a real handful, on another day could have scored.

Player of the Match: Montoya

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan 7
Montoya 8
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
March 7
Gross 6
Murray 8 (MoM)

Bissouma 6
Locadia 6
Jahanbakhsh 7

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One development point for Anthony Knockaert

This will be unpopular and in true NSC style people will flame me.

AK is a very good player who works hard for the team, goes on some great runs and deserves his place in our team. However, I notice, on too many occasions, he's happy to do that running around closing people down, in what appears to be an over the top fashion, and knows it's a real crowd pleaser, yet when he loses the ball and the other team counter he sometimes either fails to react or reacts too late leaving us vulnerable.

As I say he's a good player and works well but this, I see, as a recurring flaw in his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here