Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalties...Glens the man now?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
..but if GM isn't on the pitch who next?

DSCF2675.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately I still think Tomer may have been the best penalty taker I have seen at the Albion (and that is a long time!)

I still don't understand how he did it :shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Boussama , he takes a wicked free kick , penalties should not be a problem
He's taken one good shot in a pre season friendly. Unfortunately the rest have been abysmal.

He was shocking when he came on today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross take the next one if he is on the pitch. Remember, Gross was taking them because Murray missed a couple that were poorly taken (something that seemed to escape the memory of the people behind me complaining when he didn't take the first one). I'm not sure I like the idea of changing penalty taker every time a player misses one. We did that in league one one year and I'm not sure we scored more than two penalties in a row and half the team ended up with a go at being our penalty taker.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross take the next one if he is on the pitch. Remember, Gross was taking them because Murray missed a couple that were poorly taken (something that seemed to escape the memory of the people behind me complaining when he didn't take the first one). I'm not sure I like the idea of changing penalty taker every time a player misses one. We did that in league one one year and I'm not sure we scored more than two penalties in a row and half the team ended up with a go at being our penalty taker.

The last 2 penalties Gross has taken have been utter cack! Completely different technique to dead ball delivery from free kicks and corners, which he's usually good at. Muzza's back on them for now, should always be a striker (who's more used to hitting the net from closer range than, say, a defender).

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gross is better than Murray IMO, but needs a rocket up his arse when doing so, slow-mo-euro style is not PL 'friendly'

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He's taken one good shot in a pre season friendly. Unfortunately the rest have been abysmal.

He was shocking when he came on today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The free kick part is true but he wasn’t shocking when he came on. Got on the ball, passed well, drives forward, great run on 1st goal all the defenders went with him. No shock we were a better side with him on the pitch. All opinions though I suppose

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not convinced with either Gross or Murray. Maybe Andone will take a good one. I have a feeling Montoya could slot it in the bottom corner quite effectively.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
All three of Gross’ penalties have been poor, Tottenham at home last season, and then the two this season. Doesn’t hit them with any conviction and looks very nervous.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Without the benefit of getting the to wtch them in training every day or knowing their full career histories, my order would go

Murray
Gross
Knockeart
Montoya
Propper

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here