Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalties...Glens the man now?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Give Ryan a go, what could go wrong?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not massively keen on Gross taking pens. His first two were not particularly well hit but thankfully went in. Ok this weekends was in the corner but they would know where his previous two have gone and I think most keepers would have dived to their right. If they know where it's going I think you need to hit it sweeter than he did on Saturday.

I wouldn't mind a bit of rotation on penalties - so long as it's agreed pre-match - to keep keepers on their toes. The more you take the more data the keepers have on you unless you mix it up every single time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hughton said yesterday that there are three nominated penalty takers. We know who two of them are. Haven't got a clue about the third.

I wonder if it's Stephens as I'm sure I saw him hovering nearby looking interested for the 2nd one on Saturday.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think after his goal against Man United, it's time to let Shane Duffy loose from the spot!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
GM's penalty was superbly taken, and a departure from the days last season when he took some dreadful ones.

The best pens these days seem to be in the top corners, as if they are hit well they are pretty much unsaveable. This is contrary to former wisdom which always suggested low in the corner as the best technique.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
GM's penalty was superbly taken, and a departure from the days last season when he took some dreadful ones.

The best pens these days seem to be in the top corners, as if they are hit well they are pretty much unsaveable. This is contrary to former wisdom which always suggested low in the corner as the best technique.

Low in the corner is saveable, if the save is really good. High and in the corner is completely unsaveable unless you are over 7 foot tall. The risk element is putting it over or wide, of course.

Also, sounds a bit old fashioned, but just look at Rooney, Kane or Shearer. Hitting it hard always gives you a better chance of it going in, regardless of height/direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here