Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Murray defying science?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He's also the canniest player I can ever remember in the tripes. No-one knows how to win a free kick like our Glenn.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
More stamina possibly yes but less burst speed. Clearly an even better player though in all phases of the game.

He was damn good in League 1 but then look at all the Southampton players in that team we managed to 'keep up with' whilst 10-12 points ahead of them. They clearly improved too.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
We should all be relishing this piece of Albion history that is fast approaching. If he keeps fit, he will, surely, pass the 100 goals mark for the club in the next few weeks. He will be only the second player to do so, and the first in my time as a supporter since 1959. Two more will put him level with Kit Napier and he's already left Wardie and Bobby well behind. He has also had a good spread of league goals in the top 3 divisions, as did PW.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
For a 35 year old to occupy a premier league defence on his own for 90 minutes is a testimony to his craft. He has certainly surprised me because I thought he would just end up as a back up (or just hang around) to a multi million pound overseas purchase. He is ending up his career as one of the few home grown successes of the premier league. He is worth his money - good luck to him. Let’s hope they can manage his time well because he will be the one to keep us in the division this season.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If he's following the Bruno school of looking after himself then he's got at least another couple of years in him at this level. He seems to manage himself in games. Yesterday I thought there were times when he eased up and didn't look interested but suddenly he sprang to life and scored.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have always believed he loves to play the villain role and to prove people wrong so please can we just keep slating him and we may even get another year out of him.

I am just surprised at how much referees let him get away with, he gives away more fouls than any forward in the Premier and Wardy and Zamora are still top of the pile when it comes to legends.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Teddy Sheringham was still doing the do at 40.

A good 'footballing brain' gives you a chance of a longer career.

....anyway, Murray is playing as well as he ever has, hope I'm there when he gets his 100th goal for us.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Think it’s testament to Glenn that as fans we probably won’t appreciate him as much as we should until he’s gone.

Forget his lack of pace and technical ability, in front of goal he is clinical.

Seems strange that excluding this campaign he’s only actually been at the Albion for five and a half seasons. Being over two stints it seems like he’s been affiliated to us and plastered over this forum forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Muzza gave quite a long interview on TS last night. Explaining that starting from the bottom of the sport, rather that at an academy, including having to work on building sites in the early days, gives him the hunger even now. He relishes every monent and walking out to packed PL stadia.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sure he is now fitter and quicker than he was at Withdean

In the Withdean years Muzza was immense, and he had decent pace in brilliant counter attacks with Calderon, Bennett & co.

There used to be a great video compilation on Youtube of his first 50 odd goals for us. Brilliant stuff with either foot or head, half volleys, early shots taken from the edge of crowded boxes when no one including goalies or us were expecting a strike at that moment.

Sadly that video disappeared (FL lawyers?).

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
In the Withdean years Muzza was immense, and he had decent pace in brilliant counter attacks with Calderon, Bennett & co.

There used to be a great video compilation on Youtube of his first 50 odd goals for us. Brilliant stuff with either foot or head, half volleys, early shots taken from the edge of crowded boxes when no one including goalies or us were expecting a strike at that moment.

Sadly that video disappeared (FL lawyers?).

Now that's a video I would like to see.......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Palace board full of talk about letting Murray go

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here