Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk brought back too soon

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He did not have a good game today. Gave away a goal and generally looked off the pace. Poor positioning and some poor passing. Why disturb a centre-back partnership that did so well against Man Utd and Liverpool? Makes no sense to me. Balugon looked great so why relegate him to the bench?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk was completely out played and out muscled by Mitrovic, should not have been brought straight back in as it sends the wrong message to the players in the team, like Balogun.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Mitrovic had the better of him all game. He didn't look great at Watford either. I'm sure he will soon be back to his best but it's harsh on Balogun to be dropped.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Balogun has been a MOM contender for three games and gets dropped at the first sniff of Dunk being fit. Terrible decision by Chris and Dunk almost cost us defeat today. Balogun must be unimpressed.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mitrovic had the better of him all game. He didn't look great at Watford either. I'm sure he will soon be back to his best but it's harsh on Balogun to be dropped.

Yes, I was worried about Mitrovic before the game. He didn’t disappoint the Fulham fans - he looks quality and a right handfull. Agree that Dunk should have been looking to earn a recall. Thought Duffy played well today though. Overall I was well impressed with the fightback bearing in mind lat season we would probably have fallen away with two goals down.
I know he’s a petulant little sod but Knocky tried really hard today and could understand his disappointment at coming off but we drew, so a good decision by CH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It’s the same reason CH dropped Goldson back to the bench post-Watford last year despite him being the best player on the pitch that day. If Dunk and Duffy are fit then they play as they’re first choice, end of.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It proves it doesn’t matter how well you play you’re out the minute certain players come back to fitness. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If I was Balogun I would be very pissed off tonight after the way he played against Liverpool.
He more than deserved to start today and it would have given Dunk a chance to recover further what with the break coming up.
I cannot see why Dunk was rushed back in

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yes, I was worried about Mitrovic before the game. He didn’t disappoint the Fulham fans - he looks quality and a right handfull. Agree that Dunk should have been looking to earn a recall. Thought Duffy played well today though. Overall I was well impressed with the fightback bearing in mind lat season we would probably have fallen away with two goals down.
I know he’s a petulant little sod but Knocky tried really hard today and could understand his disappointment at coming off but we drew, so a good decision by CH.

Don't want to go off topic but I agree regarding Knocky. He works so hard it's unbelievable and is blessed with wonderful talent to go with it. Occasionally he holds on to the ball too long but he has such a desire to win, I think that's why he is all over the pitch. For me, he is one of my favourite Albion players of all time. (since 1973 anyway)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Hardly hindsight when most people sat around me thought CH had lost the plot bringing him straight back in and relegating Balogun to the bench.

'lost the plot' is a bit harsh given Dunk's performances last season but I agree that he should have been on the bench today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'lost the plot' is a bit harsh given Dunk's performances last season but I agree that he should have been on the bench today.

We all know had Dunk played a blinder today #NeverWrong would have written:-

'Most of the people around me (his son) thought CH was right to bring Dunk back'.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Don't want to go off topic but I agree regarding Knocky. He works so hard it's unbelievable and is blessed with wonderful talent to go with it. Occasionally he holds on to the ball too long but he has such a desire to win, I think that's why he is all over the pitch. For me, he is one of my favourite Albion players of all time. (since 1973 anyway)

Same for me. So much energy. He was all over the place today. So much passion and desire to win. Was very disappointed to see him subbed - was hoping for March off and Knocky switch wings

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is. But I agree with others that the fact he was thrown back in sends a wrong message. I'd be well pissed off if I were Balogun

He knew the score before he even signed.
In exactly the same way Connor and Uwe knew the score despite never letting the side down on the occasions they deputised.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here