Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Let's hope it is merely precautionary unlike the one PG had on when we were told he was fit...

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I have been a bit critical of Solly this season, but have really enjoyed watching him in the last couple of games - and i think we missed him when he went off on Saturday. Shown far more confidence to go both ways at times, keeping the full-back guessing a little and giving himself more chances to get balls in.. shame he didn't score, but he is not alone on that front..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have been a bit critical of Solly this season, but have really enjoyed watching him in the last couple of games - and i think we missed him when he went off on Saturday. Shown far more confidence to go both ways at times, keeping the full-back guessing a little and giving himself more chances to get balls in.. shame he didn't score, but he is not alone on that front..

I think he is improving game on game to be honest.
I reckon he absorbs everything that he's taught and then puts it into practice.
I think it's why Hughton likes him so much.

Last season people were critical of his crosses. he has improved on that massively this season.
He's been guilty of not testing the keeper when well set this season. Saturday's shot was bang on the money.

24 year old, who is going to keep on improving.
We should all be glad he's with us and wasn't taken on by Palace.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
The Radio Sussex team judged Solly as outstanding today in his new role as a wing-back, aided by clever movement from the players ahead of him.

PL class Solly.

Good overall game. 1 big mistake which Andre Gray should have made it 1-1 from. Cut the mistakes out and he’s perfect for left wing back

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good overall game. 1 big mistake which Andre Gray should have made it 1-1 from. Cut the mistakes out and he’s perfect for left wing back

There were also key mistakes by Propper, Stephens, etc .... but they all had blinding games.

It's only natural that mistakes will let other teams in, during a PL 90 minutes, we're not ManC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent game - 1 mistake, it happens and our fans all supported him straight after which was nice :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He had a mare for 10 minutes at the beginning of the second half, apart from that good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were also key mistakes by Propper, Stephens, etc .... but they all had blinding games.

It's only natural that mistakes will let other teams in, during a PL 90 minutes, we're not ManC.

Whilst I agree, and I love Solly March, if you are shepherding the ball out of play you HAVE to ensure it makes it out.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Potter says football is a game of mistakes. He's right. One of his apparently many skills is to help players learn from mistakes but not dwell on them. Solly will learn, won;t do it again - but will keep being brave. Can;t wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here