Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, 2 points lost or 1 point gained?

larus

Perspective is a funny old thing eh!

Before the game I was confident we’d win. Expected a tough game as they have spent a shed load in the summer. However, after the last 2 games against top 6 (I’m being generous to Utd I know), I felt this was a game we’d take all 3.

Then, after the first half (forget the possession stat, doesn’t mean Jack as we can relate to under Poyet), we looked good. Created chances and should have been leading at half time and not losing. A couple of mistakes and suddenly 2 down and not deserved (again my opinion).

So, to get back in it and take a point feels good. Positive at it shows the players still kept going even when 2 down and the overall start to the season (4 points from the games we had) is not a bad return being honest.

Also, the new signings give me confidence for the rest of the season.

Last point, AK looked really good again today. IMO, he looked a bit lost for a chunk of last season, but played better towards the end and, so far, has looked really sharp this season.

Take the positives from today and try to forget about the mistakes which do happen.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
1 Lost @ Watford
3 Gained against Utd
1 missed @ Pool
2 dropped but glad it wasn't 3 as we didn't deserve to lose

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
1 points gained as it looked all over at 2-0.

I’d have brought Bissouma on for Gross and AJ for March and left AK on the pitch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feels like a win.

I had this fixture to the cocky mega spenders down as a loss, so even better.

Wasn’t it great to shut the sing when you’re winning Tarquin’s up?

It’s really weird they have shite support home and away, often don’t sell out London aways yet seem to like taking a few with extra knob heads to our gaff. They even sang a bit and started taking the piss, then looked very silly. Superb.

I thought we’d draw today but delighted the way we came back.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Fulham will consider it 2 points lost.

Logically, it's a point gained, as we were never in front. Not that logic counts.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
First 45 minutes: 2 points dropped
After going 0-2: 1 point gained

Ultimately a good comeback but we should never have been in that position in the first place. After a barrage of corners and a penalty we should’ve been comfortably in the lead but no, in true Albion style we needed to make the game more ‘interesting’ by conceding twice before actually pulling our finger out. Never a dull moment and all that...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s really weird they have shite support home and away, often don’t sell out London aways yet seem to like taking a few with extra knob heads to our gaff. They even sang a bit and started taking the piss, then looked very silly. Superb.

I thought we’d draw today but delighted the way we came back.

They only found their voices with the shocking penalty miss. Loved it when their seaside party blew up in their faces.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2 lost, we should have been at least two up before they scored but paid the price for a very poor penalty and several misses

Also both goals we conceded were very stupid mistakes

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heads went down a bit after the penalty miss and we got punished, albeit by a really good goal. At 0-2 It was game over for me so to come back to 2-2 is definitely a point gained imo.

March not even hitting the target when clean through really pissed me off, although he did have a good first half but his shooting and crossing is not good enough for this level. Needs to sort it and has to b said his defending and running with the ball is excellent. Desperately needs a goal imo.

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Lady Luck was toying with us today. Frankly when you are two goals down, getting a point back is satisfactory. If the equaliser had come earlier and our form was better maybe we’d have regretted the opportunity to win, but to be honest we can play far better than that. That being said, I have a feeling that the starting line up will look a lot different in May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here