Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, 2 points lost or 1 point gained?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Definitely 2 points dropped. Then again, if Chris insists on playing Solly for 90mins then maybe it’s a point gained?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Heads went down a bit after the penalty miss and we got punished, albeit by a really good goal. At 0-2 It was game over for me so to come back to 2-2 is definitely a point gained imo.

March not even hitting the target when clean through really pissed me off, although he did have a good first half but his shooting and crossing is not good enough for this level. Needs to sort it and has to b said his defending and running with the ball is excellent. Desperately needs a goal imo.
I disagree. He “desperately” needs dropping IMO

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Point gained for me.

Fulham are a good side and we've done well to come back from two down.

Two dropped for me. Fulham were shit. We were better than them everywhere except both penalty areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Two dropped for me. Fulham were shit. We were better than them everywhere except both penalty areas.

Fair enough. I love that 30k people can watch a game and come out of it with different views.

I thought, apart from the first and the last twenty, we looked slow and incapable of holding the middle.

Funny old game.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fair enough. I love that 30k people can watch a game and come out of it with different views.

I thought, apart from the first and the last twenty, we looked slow and incapable of holding the middle.

Funny old game.

Yer they were decent. Sharper and took their chances. More quality.

Another team that is better than us unfortunately and who have bought better. Think we might be in for an even bigger relegation dog fight this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
We have only won 2 of our last 13 PL games - both against Man Utd surprisingly.

At that rate we are in for a long & difficult season ....

Or 2 of our last 7. Of which 5 of those were against top 4 sides. (Last season)

Who thought it was going to be a breeze anyway ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Another team that is better than us unfortunately and who have bought better. Think we might be in for an even bigger relegation dog fight this season.

Yet have let in 9 goals in 4 games, have the same number of points as us and lost to Palace. At home. Cheer up Dwayne !!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like I've said before, if you're winning and end up drawing it's two points dropped. So, if you're losing and draw it has to be a point won.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I don't think they're better than us. On another day either of us could have won that game.

The area I do think they edged was pace and, if I'm honest, we'll be outpaced by the majority of teams.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Like I've said before, if you're winning and end up drawing it's two points dropped. So, if you're losing and draw it has to be a point won.

Not if you have missed great opportunities, created chances and missed a penalty it isn't.
You must make the most of your dominance in this league or what happened today happens a lot.
2 points dropped, but it's only my opinion of course.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not if you have missed great opportunities, created chances and missed a penalty it isn't.
You must make the most of your dominance in this league or what happened today happens a lot.
2 points dropped, but it's only my opinion of course.

I can see that argument, but for me it's not really different to a lot of matches. Maybe the chances aren't as clear cut, but you often have chances that you don't convert, or promising attacking plays that break down because of an error in judgement. The thing is you don't get anything for a missed opportunity. If you concede live tables change, you have a 0 point game recorded. Get back into and end the game level and you go from having 0 points to having 1 point.

The other argument is late in the game there were a couple of great opportunities for Fulham - they got in and needed a great stop from Ryan, and a short while later got in behind again and some disciplined defending from Ryan and Duffy (?) to force the player wide and steal the ball from him. They could have won the game with those chances and we'd have no points.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought Fulham were very good well organised and at 0-2 down they should have won it

Brighton were at times ponderous in attack and looked beaten after the penalty save, however once we got one back Fulham started defending deeper and we were then looking likley to score.

So point gained or two points lost, from two nil down its a point won

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don't know why everyone's taking about a comeback, we lost apparently according to the mail

Capture.JPG

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
First time that we've come from 2 goals down in the Premier League to gain points.

41% possession to the Albion, 59% to Fulham.

5 shots each on target.

1 point gained.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
2 dropped no question.
Fulham were poor, two attacks two goals, and a near miss at the end from Sessengnon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here