Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong, March and crossing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can see why Knocky was taken off a bit - was playing completely out of position - out of shape - but trying to make things happen.

He was getting over-excited and may well have got a red if left on. He did one really nasty uncontrolled challenge out by the halfway touchline that only went unpunished because he somehow failed to make contact.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Neither were great at crossing but both played well. We created lots and should've won the match

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A regular occurrence, I think it's called Gallic flair.

Extremely noticeable today the we have players who either can't cross into a danger area, or get to the point of being able to cross but have to stop, have a fag, then punt one in when a team mate arrives, by which time the opposition have strolled back and Builth a wall.

On the subject of March . . Clean through 1 on 1, couldn't even hit the target, that's ****ing shit at this level.

He was getting over-excited and may well have got a red if left on. He did one really nasty uncontrolled challenge out by the halfway touchline that only went unpunished because he somehow failed to make contact.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
True, but the right side is a work in progress, the left have known each other more than long enough

Bong giving March plenty of support down the wing....

Not so much Montoya for Knocky

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The issue a lot of the time isn’t just the crossing, it’s that we often have just one attacker in the box against 3-4 defenders. Until opposing wingers and midfielders start getting in the box with any regularity, crossing just wont be a potent weapon for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The issue a lot of the time isn’t just the crossing, it’s that we often have just one attacker in the box against 3-4 defenders. Until opposing wingers and midfielders start getting in the box with any regularity, crossing just wont be a potent weapon for us.

Absolutely this. Two or three times in the second half we had a player (Bong or March I think) about to put a cross in, but there was no one in the box. Probably wouldn’t have reached them if they had have been based on the poor quality of the crossing, but at least get in there........

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which begs the question, why play with wingers when you have A: only one target. And B: an extremely slow one.

I'm trying to think constructively, and am no football coach, but we're effectively relying on the guile and luck-pushing of a pensioner to keep us afloat! I really hope some of the new boys start earning their money soon! Today should have been a banker, it was far from it.

Absolutely this. Two or three times in the second half we had a player (Bong or March I think) about to put a cross in, but there was no one in the box. Probably wouldn’t have reached them if they had have been based on the poor quality of the crossing, but at least get in there........

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bong so often tucks in narrow, far too narrow, it’s infuriating so many times per game. His starting position for their first goal today was so ridiculously narrow, left poor Solly to try and defend 35 yards of grass with two bearing down on him. Fine if that was Bong’s FINISHING position, but for a starting position it was chronically bad, they spotted it quickly, exposed it, and slotted it, all very easily. I like the bloke, but when they analyse this, they have to change. Does along not trust the two massive centre backs behind him, so much so that he has to play 3rd CB most of the time?

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I have a hunch that most of solly's critics are in the west stand. We get to see a lot of what he is doing up close and 2nd half imo he had a poor performance. He is pretty frustrating sometimes. His delivery in the 2nd half wasn't good enough. Repeatedly hitting the first man. He has so much potential, and i really want him to fulfil it. i just think on occasions he looks lazy and confused.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It was also quite a bad miss by Solly with his right, when clean through to not hit the target at least, instead blasting it 18 inches over the bar from little more than 10 yards out. His weak foot ought not to be that weak. But, I do think he is doing a reasonable job, in many cases he is still getting past very very good defenders. But his delivery at critical points is often lacking. He knows he has competition from Izzy Queer Though, so he will lose the shirt at some point soon, if he can’t improve on that aspect. I like him, and we should support him because he’s not as far away from doing a great job for the team as perhaps some are suggesting.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It was also quite a bad miss by Solly with his right, when clean through to not hit the target at least, instead blasting it 18 inches over the bar from little more than 10 yards out. His weak foot ought not to be that weak. But, I do think he is doing a reasonable job, in many cases he is still getting past very very good defenders. But his delivery at critical points is often lacking. He knows he has competition from Izzy Queer Though, so he will lose the shirt at some point soon, if he can’t improve on that aspect. I like him, and we should support him because he’s not as far away from doing a great job for the team as perhaps some are suggesting.

he's close right enough ....he could start with giving 100 % instead of 80 and perhaps brush up on his crossing whilst on the run seeing as he is being offered up as a winger.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
March was tearing it up in the first half - that's the Solly we know. In the second half he wasn't as good, but he has come back into form a bit recently so I'm not sure why he would deserve to be dropped.

Because some people need a focus to their anger, settle on a player and then that player can do no good. They haven't had a real hate figure since Barnes, lets hope Solly isn't becoming their next permanent target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here