PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 1st September 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Lee Probert
Assistants: Simon Beck, Andy Garratt
Fourth official: Tony Harrington

TEAM NEWS

Brighton captain Bruno is available after recovering from the ankle injury he suffered against Watford.

Lewis Dunk faces a fitness test, while Florin Andone and Jose Izquierdo are definitely out.

Fulham are without Tom Cairney because of a foot injury he sustained in last week's win over Burnley.

Floyd Ayite, Neeskens Kebano and Tim Ream are also absent, but Alfie Mawson could make his first league appearance for the Cottagers.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Mark Scott: Brighton are a tough nut to crack at the Amex, as Manchester United have discovered on a couple of occasions recently, and the enthusiasm generated from their latest victory over Mourinho's men won't have been dampened by their narrow defeat at Anfield.

Having seriously shuffled his pack last time out, Slavisa Jokanovic came up with a winning formula as Fulham impressed against Burnley.

I was at that game and while Aleksandar Mitrovic understandably grabbed the headlines, there were a number of strong performances, with Andre Schurrle and Jean Michael Seri in particular catching the eye.

But while Brighton will be wary of Fulham's fine free-flowing football going forwards, they'll also be encouraged by the Cottagers continual defensive frailties as well.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "I think this will be, if anything, perhaps an even more challenging season than last season.

"I think you're always very wary and always very conscious because two [of the promoted teams] in particular have spent big money.

"I think everybody's more conscious and wary of how difficult this league is."

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic on his squad: "They need to push themselves harder. I have tried to make it some kind of a competition in my team, they need to compete first of all with each other for the opportunity to compete with the opposition team.

"I believe this is healthy for the team and players. It is my job to make the choice which is best for the game ahead of us. I will choose what I believe is the best option."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]This is the first top-flight meeting between these sides.
    [*=left]Brighton have won their last five matches against Fulham, all of which were in the Championship.
    [*=left]There have been only three draws in the 40 league fixtures between them.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton's only two victories in their last 12 Premier League games have been at home against Manchester United.
    [*=left]The only teams to win at the Amex Stadium in the league last season were Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester City.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won the most tackles (67) and made the most interceptions (52) of any top-flight team so far.
Fulham

• [*=left]They could set a top-flight club record of 20 consecutive away matches without a clean sheet on Saturday.
    [*=left]Only Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool have had a higher average possession in the Premier League than Fulham's 58% after three games.
    [*=left]Their Premier League matches this season have produced the most shots (99) and shots on target (44).
    [*=left]Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored 15 league goals since his debut for the Cottagers in February, the joint most of any player in the top four tiers of English football in that time, along with Liverpool's Mo Salah.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Looking forward to listening on Seagulls TV, a fine example of modern broadcasting excellence.
The voices of messers Cantor and Aspinall, streaming across the wavelengths, into ones lug holes, depicting the heroics of Brighton and Hove Albion v Fulham, of SW London.
Anyway that's the plan this afternoon, unless the transmission suddenly breaks down, and it'll be down to a dodgy stream :shootself:lolol:

Up the Albion :albion2:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was convinced we would get a really good result today. That was until I woke up, then the jitters of a match day set it:eek:
No, we'll be fine........I'm sure

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Tom Cairney missing is a Brucie Bonus

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Fulham has a frightening front line and they hope to break quickly with left-sided midfielder Seri. I just hope we don't win the possession stats and they win the match.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fulham has a frightening front line and they hope to break quickly with left-sided midfielder Seri. I just hope we don't win the possession stats and they win the match.

Don't worry, Fulham will win the possession stats. They're averaging 58% so far this season.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3 - 2

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sorry. So very sorry.
Jeans check
Shirt check
Pants check
Shoes check
Scarf check
Xmas Socks, CHRISTMAS SOCKS!! WHERE ARE MY CHRISTMAS SOCKS?
Same pair for every game for years, gone missing.
Were loose.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I do not see Fulham getting relegated this year. They seem decent and dangerous to me. Saying that it is a game from which we need to get something. Clearly a win would be great but a draw would be far from disastrous. I wonder if Gross or B... will start.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sorry. So very sorry.
Jeans check
Shirt check
Pants check
Shoes check
Scarf check
Were loose.

Have you ever worn them to any game were we loosed?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sorry. So very sorry.
Jeans check
Shirt check
Pants check
Shoes check
Scarf check
Were loose.

Have you maybe considered buying some more clothes, or are you going for the unwashed tramp look that is so popular at the football?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have you maybe considered buying some more clothes, or are you going for the unwashed tramp look that is so popular at the football?

He's so superstitious he's making Balogun look rational.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here