Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No trains Saturday

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
700 early doors in to town, get a few beers in whatever pub takes your fancy, jump on the 25 down by St Peters.
Post game, same in reverse, except maybe longer in the pubs, which come to think of it might lead to a cab home.
Bloody trains!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For those in the beautiful West, the 700 bus is your friend. Once you try it, you'll never bother with unreliable trains again. With services running every ten minutes for most of the day, and a regular and reliable night service it really is a godsend. Perfect on match days.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There are no trains between Littlehampton and Brighton on Saturday

Thanks for letting me know. I usually check, but it is not published anywhere, it seems. Bloody limit after the farce on Tuesday trains!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
For those in the beautiful West, the 700 bus is your friend. Once you try it, you'll never bother with unreliable trains again. With services running every ten minutes for most of the day, and a regular and reliable night service it really is a godsend. Perfect on match days.

Never used it before, I'm in Goring so is that covered or will I have to get to Worthing and catch it from there? Might give it a go

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Never used it before, I'm in Goring so is that covered or will I have to get to Worthing and catch it from there? Might give it a go

I wasn’t sure so I had a quick look for you and yes, the 700 does seem to go from Goring so you can ride that into Brighton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wasn’t sure so I had a quick look for you and yes, the 700 does seem to go from Goring so you can ride that into Brighton.
The 700 crawls around the houses between Littlehampton and Worthing before it speeds up towards Brighton. Allow plenty of time for the scenic route before Worthing Pier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for letting me know. I usually check, but it is not published anywhere, it seems. Bloody limit after the farce on Tuesday trains!

It has been well published but you read only what you want to read, use the trains and just slag them off every time

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The 700 crawls around the houses between Littlehampton and Worthing before it speeds up towards Brighton. Allow plenty of time for the scenic route before Worthing Pier.

Especially at weekends when the amateurs with no smart cards get on and bumble about with cash as if they’re trying to negotiate passage up the Amazon with a boatfull of Contra’s. Highly frustrating. Especially with the new busses with the engines that cut out if it stops for more than a minute. It makes you feel like you’ve broken down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Today was to be my first game of the season but I really can't be arsed with buses so I'm staying at home.

My few experiences of rail replacement buses have all been poor and although I'm not sure why, it seems my Albion mojo is at a level that means I'd rather watch a dodgy stream than traipse over from Worthing.

#BadFan

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Today was to be my first game of the season but I really can't be arsed with buses so I'm staying at home.

My few experiences of rail replacement buses have all been poor and although I'm not sure why, it seems my Albion mojo is at a level that means I'd rather watch a dodgy stream than traipse over from Worthing.

#BadFan

Premier league Bozza. People think I am joking when I say I prefer the lower leagues but I am really not

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

#BadFan
Get the 700, it really is not that bad. Get off at Churchill square and walk up to the station have a few beers somewhere and get the train to falmer. Then do this in reverse a couple of hours later.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Premier league Bozza. People think I am joking when I say I prefer the lower leagues but I am really not

I'm not sure what it is as a week or so ago I was looking forward to today.

Get the 700, it really is not that bad. Get off at Churchill square and walk up to the station have a few beers somewhere and get the train to falmer. Then do this in reverse a couple of hours later.

I'm out in the sticks of Findon so the 700 is a fair distance away. I'll consider it next time this happens.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

As the match day travel zone starts at Worthing, you'll need to buy a bus ticket for the first leg into Worthing town centre. Of course you've probably set off by now and discovered for yourself.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Absolute shitfest. On a 700 between Shoreham and Southwick. Quite full now but was half empty at lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here