Propper
Knockaert
Bissouma
Groß

Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that Gross is at his best crossing from wide so although not actually playing as a winger I would start with him and Knockaert and allow them both to roam and provide crosses from either side. I would sooner start with 10 men than have March start at least then you know you have to cover his area.and can do so. Unlike now you expect him to do something and he does nothing. In fairness I must say he got 1 cross in against Man Utd which GM got on the end of, so oerhaps I am being too critical of him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I I would sooner start with 10 men than have March start at least then you know you have to cover his area.and can do so. Unlike now you expect him to do something and he does nothing. In fairness I must say he got 1 cross in against Man Utd which GM got on the end of, so oerhaps I am being too critical of him.

The moment you self corrected and realised your first part was nonsense, why didn't you just delete that whole section?

March was my personal man of the match against United. His defensive work as well as going forward was excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The moment you self corrected and realised your first part was nonsense, why didn't you just delete that whole section?

March was my personal man of the match against United. His defensive work as well as going forward was excellent.

Because it shows my view of how I consider that March is a waste of a player and I cannot agree with your view of his display against Man Utd. It was an improvement, as was most oif our team, but no more than we expect from him every game not just once a season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My team would be....
Ryan
Montoya...Duffy....Balogun.....Bong
Stephens...Bissouma ....Propper..
Knockaert......Gross
Murray.​

With Gross and Knockaert swapping wings as provider for GM.

Would Gross find enough time to cut back in on his right foot though. Might work if he could. Would need Bong to keep a defender occupied though

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
pretty easy to pick me thinks ... CH wont fiddle too much so expect the same starting XI as Utd minus Dunk with Balogan in place ... if we stay injury free during the game expect Ali J Bissouma & Locadia subs in second half (prob around 75 mins onwards) ... typical CH stuff really and should be good enough IF we play as we have last 2 prem games

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because it shows my view of how I consider that March is a waste of a player and I cannot agree with your view of his display against Man Utd. It was an improvement, as was most oif our team, but no more than we expect from him every game not just once a season.

So you still stand by the statement that March is SO BAD that you would rather have 10 men?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps I should qualify that and say that starting him is like starting with 10 men, a handicap from the start., Obviously the club see something in him as they have given him a longer contract unless that is to protect their interest and get a maximum return if selling him in January to a Championship club.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Fulham will be a very tough team to beat, they are starting to gel nicely as seen against Burnley, we'll do well to win IMO. Hopefully a huge confidence booster going into the International break.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am not March’s biggest fan but CH has turned him from an out and out winger into a useful defender who can counter attack. His crossing skills for the most part are abysmal, he tends to not look up before he crosses the ball which can’t help. He has plenty of ball skills and on his day can make a mug of a defender. Those days are few and far between at the level we are at now though. Had an excellent game against United and wasn’t too shabby against Liverpool, so I imagine he will keep the shirt, as he should.

But to suggest we’d be better off dropping him and playing with 10 men is bordering on childish. :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Perhaps I should qualify that and say that starting him is like starting with 10 men, a handicap from the start., Obviously the club see something in him as they have given him a longer contract unless that is to protect their interest and get a maximum return if selling him in January to a Championship club.

So the club are continuously starting a player in the premier league who they intend to sell to a Championship club in January?

Please have a think about it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It's amazing that a club who deliberately handicapped themselves by starting with 10 men for nearly half their games last season managed to stay up with some games to spare. Or maybe you could reign back the hyperbole a bit and actually present a reasoned and thought out argument (or not).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Harsh in the extreme. I've also been one of his biggest critics on here but he was good against Man U (following an awful game at Watford and he remains inconsistent). Rated above average here :

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...r-League-2018-2019-Brighton-Manchester-United

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm a big critic of March, I'm of the opinion he is not quite up to the demands of the PL, but that opinion is very much on hold with the form he is showing at the start of this season. If CH is seeing enough of him in training, pre-season, in the matches so far to suggest the youngster is progressing, then keep him in the team and perhaps he has a chance to demonstrate some consistent form. There isn't anyone knocking on the door for his place right now, so let's back him and hope he does justify being selected, and many of our opinions can be revised.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm a big critic of March, I'm of the opinion he is not quite up to the demands of the PL, but that opinion is very much on hold with the form he is showing at the start of this season. If CH is seeing enough of him in training, pre-season, in the matches so far to suggest the youngster is progressing, then keep him in the team and perhaps he has a chance to demonstrate some consistent form. There isn't anyone knocking on the door for his place right now, so let's back him and hope he does justify being selected, and many of our opinions can be revised.

Here here Mr Seagull. Spot on. Or may I be so presumptions as to call you Bold ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here