Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 4th Test v India

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Curran traps Rahane... it's reviewed, but looked out to me.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Curran traps Rahane... it's reviewed, but looked out to me.

Not out :nono:

impact outside off... but smashing into off stump.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
46/3 lunch

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hindsight with us already having them at 38-3, but I think that 245 was always going to be plenty on a 4th innings wicket where neither side scored over 300 in their first innings.

It’s not really hindsight....stats and history are massively against India here.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It’s not really hindsight....stats and history are massively against India here.

Bookies don’t seem to be so much. Is it me or are odds on run chases getting more and more rubbish? Used to be a great bet for the hell of it but they seemed to have finished that fun

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
England should have refused to play on. A decision like that should have zero human error, the technology is there to confirm and this idiot doesn’t know how to use it. A feather touch causes a spike not a succession of smaller readings this is basic understanding of the equipment. Added to which one camera angle clearly showed it missed the bat

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bookies don’t seem to be so much. Is it me or are odds on run chases getting more and more rubbish? Used to be a great bet for the hell of it but they seemed to have finished that fun

Bizarre really.......they’ve only chased 200 or more successfully outside of Asia 3 times........in their entire test history.

1 - Instances of India successfully chasing a fourth-innings target of 200 or more in Tests held outside Asia since 2000. Riding on Rahul Dravid's unbeaten 72, they had hunted down a target of 230 for the loss of six wickets against Australia at Adelaide in 2003.

3 - Total number of wins for India after being set a fourth-innings target of 200 or more in Tests held outside Asia. Aside from the above mentioned Adelaide run-chase, their only other such productive pursuits away from the subcontinent were 403 against West Indies at Port of Spain in 1976 and 200 against New Zealand at Dunedin in 1968.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
England should have refused to play on. A decision like that should have zero human error, the technology is there to confirm and this idiot doesn’t know how to use it. A feather touch causes a spike not a succession of smaller readings this is basic understanding of the equipment. Added to which one camera angle clearly showed it missed the bat
Gets worse the more times you see it doesn't it. India biased Cricinfo bloke blathering on about how the third umpire can't overturn a decision if he's not sure.

How can you be "not sure" about the fact that Kohli didn't hit the ball?! Front view inconclusive, ultra edge showing definite bat on pad and no bat/ball spike, other view showing ball missing bat.

I bet the onfield umpire didn't think he'd hit it anyway. Most likely that he gave him not out because he thought it'd turned too much (we thought it was going to be umpire's call). So it wouldn't even have been overturning his decision on that point.

Shambolic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gets worse the more times you see it doesn't it. India biased Cricinfo bloke blathering on about how the third umpire can't overturn a decision if he's not sure.

How can you be "not sure" about the fact that Kohli didn't hit the ball?! Front view inconclusive, ultra edge showing definite bat on pad and no bat/ball spike, other view showing ball missing bat.

I bet the onfield umpire didn't think he'd hit it anyway. Most likely that he gave him not out because he thought it'd turned too much (we thought it was going to be umpire's call). So it wouldn't even have been overturning his decision on that point.

Shambolic.

Should’ve been simple for the 3rd ump

-3 red lights, so no question on tracking, pitched in line, hit in line, hitting.
-ultra-edge no clear spike as ball passed bat
-clear daylight between bat and ball on one of the replay angles

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Had to stop reading the Cricinfo ball by ball as it's just a **** fest over Virat with idiots making up ridiculous excuses for why he wasn't given out.

Oh great both reviews now gone....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We aren’t sledging them. Should be in their faces irritating the shit out of them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I reckon Rashid will be bowling for year before he bowls a dangerous ball

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here