Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He could just be injured and nobody has thought up a recovery timescale yet , he took a hefty blow to the head v Arsenal .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely if he doesn't go out on loan he'll be named in the squad - just in case - rather than just naming 24? Presumably we'd still be paying his wages anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I must confess to feeling a little sad that he’s on his way, he is a bit of a character. I accept he can go from brilliant to a liability though. He was doing quite well after a shaky start until late in the season imo. Montoya does look the real deal without being quite as hare brained as EZ could be. His pedigree suggest we are seeing the real Montoya not one who will go awol in defence sometimes, even though it is very early days.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we are making a deal with him so he becomes a free agent if he doesn't get a loan ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Surely if he doesn't go out on loan he'll be named in the squad - just in case - rather than just naming 24? Presumably we'd still be paying his wages anyway.

I feel a bit sorry for Schelotto, he's not really done anything massively wrong, he's made a few mistakes but what player hasn't. He improved as he had a run in the squad, but he's certainly not Bruno and that his major downfall unfortunately. He's a big character though and appears to be quite a popular member of the squad.

It certainly looks like he's well out of favour if we don't name him in the squad and just go with a 24 man squad. Unless the plan is to name another youngster like Normann in the squad instead or is Ahannach closer to fitness than we think and maybe he gets a chance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel a bit sorry for Schelotto, he's not really done anything massively wrong, he's made a few mistakes but what player hasn't. He improved as he had a run in the squad, but he's certainly not Bruno and that his major downfall unfortunately. He's a big character though and appears to be quite a popular member of the squad.

It certainly looks like he's well out of favour if we don't name him in the squad and just go with a 24 man squad. Unless the plan is to name another youngster like Normann in the squad instead or is Ahannach closer to fitness than we think and maybe he gets a chance.
I don't think we do "closer to fitness than we think" do we?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He often looks like someone who has never played football before, however, and I can't think that's going to work in his favour in the long term.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know it's only a marginal consideration but he keeps Izquierdo happy. They are clearly best buddies and live close together. I suspect he was a big part of settling Izquierdo in after a slow start and he spends a lot of time with him and his family (entirely based on Instagram stalking).

Who will ever forget the Schelotto carrying him like a baby at the end of last season.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
My best Schelotto moment was when he got booked and refused to walk to the ref to receive the yellow card - think it was the Arsenal game. Which kind of sums him up really, that his football isn't the best bit about him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know it's only a marginal consideration but he keeps Izquierdo happy. They are clearly best buddies and live close together. I suspect he was a big part of settling Izquierdo in after a slow start and he spends a lot of time with him and his family (entirely based on Instagram stalking).

Who will ever forget the Schelotto carrying him like a baby at the end of last season.

I enjoyed that, as I did the attempt to drive off on a Sky cart

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Transfer window shuts on 19th September in Portugal if he's heading back there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My best Schelotto moment was when he got booked and refused to walk to the ref to receive the yellow card - think it was the Arsenal game. Which kind of sums him up really, that his football isn't the best bit about him.

Thankfully it wasn't Mike Dean cause he would have sent him off for that I reckon.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He often looks like someone who has never played football before, however, and I can't think that's going to work in his favour in the long term.

We've had whole squads who looked like they've never played football before. Schelotto could have been a Peter Smith for the Amex generation.

I enjoyed that, as I did the attempt to drive off on a Sky cart

Followed by the air-kick at the tyres when he couldn't move it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here