Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] ***NFL Fantasy Football 2018***

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hi everyone,

I've taken over the league management for the redraft league from [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION], the league manager is still available for the Dynasty League I think if anyone wants to take that on.

The following teams appear to be registered to start the season, is everyone still in?

Oklahoma B52's
The Lowly Rollers
Cowboy Skankers
Show Me Your TD's
Say Helu Wave Goodbye
Vipers Venom
Coldean Cosmos
Geno 911
LT's Facemask
Shatner's Bassoons
Brighton Seagulls
The Friend Zone
The Surbiton Commuters
FalconsUK

First point of action is we need to schedule a draft. The last preseason games are on Thursday so the Sunday 2 September looks like it could be a good day. I've currently got drafts scheduled that day at 6pm and 8.30pm. Could we do it at 4pm?

There were two rule changes that seemed to gain a bit of traction on the 2017 thread (http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?355106-***-NFL-Fantasy-Football-2017), one was to move to a half point point per reception (every reception earns 0.5 of a point), the other was to turn the TE spot into a TE/WR flex, I've seen this work well in other leagues.

Having conceded defeat on this one I'll just leave this here if anyone is interested - https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-should-kickers-get-the-boot/

Finally, maybe not one for this year but one to consider going forward is having 2 rather than 1 QB. I noted that one of the arguments in the kicker debate was that having a kicker made it a more NFL like experience. One of my frustrations with 1 QB is how the most important position in football is devalued as you can wait and pick up a perfectly serviceable QB in the mid to late rounds. https://fscollective.com/the-case-for-the-superflex-2-qb-fantasy-leagues-63d661cf304d

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Regarding the Dynasty League, is everyone from last season wanting to carry on with it? - If so, i will take it over so it can continue for another season (I will try my best to make it work)

The teams involved are:
Hughtons Heroes
Zack Miller Time
Oklahoma B52's
LT's Facemask
Mangold Diggers
Lardyfatti Bungles
Kinel tay

And btw - Brighton Seagulls reporting in for the OP's league too

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can I ask, is there any difference in format between dynasty league and redraft league? I made my nfl fantasy debut last year and could be tempted to expand my losses to other leagues?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can I ask, is there any difference in format between dynasty league and redraft league? I made my nfl fantasy debut last year and could be tempted to expand my losses to other leagues?

The Dynasty league allows teams to have up to 17 players kept from the previous season, and you have a squad of 22 (i think it was 22 but would need to double check) - It's also about the long term as well as short term success.

You have the following in your starting line up:
QB, RB, 2x WR, TE, 2x R/W/T, K, DB, DL, and LB (plus a bench of 11, i think.)

If you were to join, you would be looking to take over a team from someone dropping out as a new team from scratch would be so far behind as most star players will be kept by existing teams.

(If needs be, we could as a last resort end up having to start all over again if we lose too many players from last year and have virtually all new players joining, to try to make it fair however that would defeat the idea of a dynasty team so far from ideal)

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The Dynasty league allows teams to have up to 17 players kept from the previous season, and you have a squad of 22 (i think it was 22 but would need to double check) - It's also about the long term as well as short term success.

You have the following in your starting line up:
QB, RB, 2x WR, TE, 2x R/W/T, K, DB, DL, and LB (plus a bench of 11, i think.)

If you were to join, you would be looking to take over a team from someone dropping out as a new team from scratch would be so far behind as most star players will be kept by existing teams.

(If needs be, we could as a last resort end up having to start all over again if we lose too many players from last year and have virtually all new players joining, to try to make it fair however that would defeat the idea of a dynasty team so far from ideal)

Oh wow, that sounds good. I wouldn’t want to rock the boat so I’ll keep my eyes peeled to see if any spaces arise. Thank you.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Cowboy Skankers here checking in and Surbiton is in also

By the way just in case any of you wondered Kickers are people too

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Regarding the Dynasty League, is everyone from last season wanting to carry on with it? - If so, i will take it over so it can continue for another season (I will try my best to make it work)

The teams involved are:
Hughtons Heroes
Zack Miller Time
Oklahoma B52's
LT's Facemask
Mangold Diggers
Lardyfatti Bungles
Kinel tay

And btw - Brighton Seagulls reporting in for the OP's league too

I'm going to duck out of this one so there's this lot (Zack Miller Time) up for grabs. In need of some help at receiver but a strong group of running backs

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/4205304/team/2

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
In the redraft league, I suppose there's room for a couple of extra teams if anyone wants in. It used to be a 16 team league and slimmed down last year if I remember right...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here