Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok apart from Cardiff and Huddersfield name a worse squad. No shame in it, we are doing things slow and steady but we still have a long way to go. And we are clearly still a fair bit behind saints who have a second 11 packed with experience at the top level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stains have had 13 PL transfer windows and the best part of £1B in income to get there. Unsurprisingly their squad has greater PL quality depth than ours.

Even with that huge financial advantage they finished below us in the PL and barely squeezed past our fringe / new players last night.

The club appear to be handling our progression well.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Stains have had 13 PL transfer windows and the best part of £1B in income to get there. Unsurprisingly their squad has greater PL quality depth than ours.

Even with that huge financial advantage they finished below us in the PL and barely squeezed past our fringe / new players last night.

The club appear to be handling our progression well.

Fully agree.
It should also be noted that we had Andone. Izqueirdo, Dunk and Bruno out injured whereas they had a fully fit squad of 25 to chose from.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing ever comes close to seeing my team walk out at Wembley in front of the the footballing world to see us do battle to lift what I still regard as the best team cup competition in the world.

Yes the Utd and arsenal results were terrific, but they were just two games in a league competition...it will be forgotten quickly, but I will never forget that time we scored the goal to level it up in the first game.

That is it for me.

Only to be shattered just four days later.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very true as the smaller clubs, like us only get 1 bite of the cherry against the top teams and we had ours but never grabbed it.

Precisely my point. We beat Man Utd in May in just a league game, and guess what, we did it again this season. I like league games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just one for the nerds and statisticians as I cannot think of a game but has Charlie Austin ever played against us and NOT scored. as it seems as if he always scores against us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only to be shattered just four days later.

Yes, but we all thought that was our chance on the Saturday.

I have the cup final and replay on vhs and have never watched the replay!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Just one for the nerds and statisticians as I cannot think of a game but has Charlie Austin ever played against us and NOT scored. as it seems as if he always scores against us.

I know it feels like he is always scoring against us but didnt score in either game for Burnley in 2012/13 and played in a 0-0 draw with QPR in 13/14, scored against us at Turf Moor in 11/12 but not in the home game but scored against us in the 3 times he played us for Swindon in Lg1.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Now that's stats!

I know it feels like he is always scoring against us but didnt score in either game for Burnley in 2012/13 and played in a 0-0 draw with QPR in 13/14, scored against us at Turf Moor in 11/12 but not in the home game but scored against us in the 3 times he played us for Swindon in Lg1.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He came off the bench at QPR to score against us a couple of seasons ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here