Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
TS and Sky got it right then that Stains famous PL stars are better than a second string Albion. That's all.

Hughton used this as a run out, and if we won it would've been a bonus.

Whereas Hughesie thinks that he's going to win silverware. He won't.

Oh I agree, Southampton had a much stronger side out and clearly wanted it more than us. Frustrating to get that close to full time and not take it to a penalty shootout though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Cantor getting more excited about lactic acid building in their thighs than the rest of the match. :nono:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Leicester,Wolves,Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Stains all won. Only other Prem team to lose was Huddersfield. Edit and Cardiff !
Strength in depth?

Disappointed that Locadia failed to score again. Have we got a wrongun here?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pretty poor start to the season then. 3 losses out of 4. And only a win coming against comedy united

Squad looks a bit thin. Southampton reserves looking comfortably better, which is a real worry. We literally seem to have one striker in the whole squad as well which begs the question why did we ditch hemed?

Locadia, handbags and button all having disappointing games.

Big game Saturday to see where we are. Really don't want to be losing that heading into international break.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good. Absolutely no interest whatsoever in that pointless competition.
Clearly CH hasn't either. And too right.

This.

The prize money is also bollox.

The FA have increased the money for the FA cup. Worth a cup run.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good. Absolutely no interest whatsoever in that pointless competition.
Clearly CH hasn't either. And too right.
Very much this. Hughton and Bloom know exactly what they are doing.

There will be a time when we can afford the luxury of a distracting and potentially player injuring League Cup run - this season is definitely not that time.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh I agree, Southampton had a much stronger side out and clearly wanted it more than us. Frustrating to get that close to full time and not take it to a penalty shootout though.

Until we've spent the £100m's Stains have on a PL level squad (fees and wages), I expect CH will always do this and I don't blame him.

Hughesie :wanker: will feel a big man tonight.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pretty poor start to the season then. 3 losses out of 4. And only a win coming against comedy united

Squad looks a bit thin. Southampton reserves looking comfortably better, which is a real worry. We literally seem to have one striker in the whole squad as well which begs the question why did we ditch hemed?

Big game Saturday to see where we are. Really don't want to be losing that heading into international break.

As fishing posts go that’s pretty poor !!

Must try harder

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Leicester,Wolves,Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Stains all won. Only other Prem team to lose was Huddersfield. Edit and Cardiff !
Strength in depth?

Disappointed that Locadia failed to score again. Have we got a wrongun here?
Locadia is dire. Awful signing.

....he's had long enough now to prove himself. He's just not a premier league footballer. Shame but that's life. I suspect alireza is a dud as well. Should steer well clear of the Dutch league....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

OR, we outclassed £800m ManU who thought they'd crush us, and caused high flying Liverpool problems.

CH played a largely second string team for the Mickey Mouse cup, but still only lost 1-0 against a manager/team who bizarrely treated this tie like the FACup Final.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
2 week international break coming up. No need to rest both our CBs tonight. I hope it's worth it come 6pm Saturday.

You obviously don't understand player conditioning or risking injuries. We have already lost Dunk and White. Do you understand football ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here