Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
****ing diabolical train service to get there
Gutless football anytime further forward than the halfway line, no pace,no inspiration, imagination or desire to win the game or even pass to each other. Almost got the impression some players were doing their best to not be upstaged by others.
Bissouma was quality.
Highlight for me was hopping the fence and jobsworths then a run in with a copper at btn stopping me catching the train, then getting penned in for ten minutes. Warmed the blood up a bit. The Amex is shit compared to the Goldstone.

Pleased you enjoyed your evening out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dwayne is fishing but some of the "young team" comments are laughable. 3 of the most expensive players in our history plus Gross, Kayal, Suttner, Button and Bernado who have racked up a shitload of yames between them. Our squad really isn't every good, as highlighted by our one striker that fits the system being 34 going on 35. Shambles.

:fishing:

Tot up PL appearances between the two starting 11's, and then you'll get the point. Stains have had 6 plus years to get to this narrow advantage.

TB and CH are expertly improving squad quality in a sustainable manner, within PL financial rules.

Nowt to moan about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****ing diabolical train service to get there
Gutless football anytime further forward than the halfway line, no pace,no inspiration, imagination or desire to win the game or even pass to each other. Almost got the impression some players were doing their best to not be upstaged by others.
Bissouma was quality.
Highlight for me was hopping the fence and jobsworths then a run in with a copper at btn stopping me catching the train, then getting penned in for ten minutes. Warmed the blood up a bit. The Amex is shit compared to the Goldstone.

Sober up, old fellah :shrug:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
OK, serious post, serious reply.

Three debutants. Nothing like this team has ever played a competitive game together. A try-out for the next few real games. A look and learn. An 'animal model' of a 'disease situation'. All good. Come back at the end of the season and give your verdict - 'smart move' or 'suicidal exit from a cup competition'?
I'm all for debuts and getting knocked out of squads but I'd like to think fringe players would impress in these games and put pressure on Hughton to rotate the likes of Glenn Murray. But it's not going to happen.

Hopefully you will leave again now for a few weeks. You won't be missed.

May do may not, hope that helps. May update you tomorrow

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No reason except I don't live on here like you I guess, give yourself a pat on the back aggro boy

So you just happened to be idling on NSC after an insignificant defeat but resisted the urge after one of the best performances in our recent history. Your self restraint is only surpassed by your unfailing irony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you just happened to be idling on NSC after an insignificant defeat but resisted the urge after one of the best performances in our recent history. Your self restraint is only surpassed by your unfailing irony.

Er yes that's about the size of it, most people do just idle on here. You perhaps are serving a higher purpose maybe is that right

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Pretty poor start to the season then. 3 losses out of 4. And only a win coming against comedy united

Squad looks a bit thin. Southampton reserves looking comfortably better, which is a real worry. We literally seem to have one striker in the whole squad as well which begs the question why did we ditch hemed?

Locadia, handbags and button all having disappointing games.

Big game Saturday to see where we are. Really don't want to be losing that heading into international break.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

seriously?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I'm all for debuts and getting knocked out of squads but I'd like to think fringe players would impress in these games and put pressure on Hughton to rotate the likes of Glenn Murray. But it's not going to happen.

I am all for blooding the U23s but that 9 and 16 are nowhere near ready for stepping up to the mans team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

True that CH does not 'rotate' - in PL games. He playes his best side - for the game in his judgement, and with future games in mind. Smart man. That's fine by me. And it has nowt to do with tonight's training match :shrug:

Was hoping tonight to see 3 or 4 players giving Chris some selection headaches, could only see Bissouma, so bit of a flat evening regardless of the result

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Er yes that's about the size of it, most people do just idle on here. You perhaps are serving a higher purpose maybe is that right

Not sure. I’ll let you know when you can phrase it in intelligible English.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As per usual, empty stadiums all round tonight. I reckon it’s time to scrap the league cup as no-one cares about it anymore. It’s basically a reserve cup these days. Even league 1 and 2 sides change their whole team.

Difficult to argue with that.
Unless they come up with a radical overhaul it's time to get rid, and not because we lost.
But I have to say not many if any on here earlier saying wish we weren't in it, it's a crap cup, but they are slagging it off now.
And if we did do well and even got to the final, it's still a cup and we would take thousands to Wembley.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mmmmm... is someone a bit jealous that someone else has become a moderator, perchance???

envy.jpg

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
As per usual, empty stadiums all round tonight. I reckon it’s time to scrap the league cup as no-one cares about it anymore. It’s basically a reserve cup these days. Even league 1 and 2 sides change their whole team.

I disagree. I think it's a good way to get the young kids involved, especially the pricing. In fact i saw plenty of young children there tonight in the east.

I took my 6 year old to his first proper game (His first game was when he was 4 and didn't really have an interest and wanted to go home after 30 mins) and he has left tonight wanting to get a season ticket tomorrow so he can watch another game. Unfortunately he is disappointed that he cant get one tomorrow and will have to wait a hole year (feels like a million miles away at 6) but I'm sure he is not the only kid tonight feeling like this.

These kids will be the heart of the club one day and probably their kids too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For whatever reason Southampton genuinely wanted to win that game. We didn’t, just like we haven’t been interested in any cup games since Hughton arrived. I’ve no problem with that, the Haribo Cup in particular is a complete waste of time. Southampton had seven players in their line up who have been PL regulars at some point, we had just Gross. The difference in experience was clear from the start and when I saw the team sheets I thought Southampton would win fairly easily. The fact we made a game of it was respectable enough. Let’s be honest, we are the real winners tonight knowing that we haven’t got any more pointless fixtures coming in this competition.

The only thing that is slightly frustrating is that Hughton doesn’t just admit he wants us knocked out ASAP so at least people turn up to watch knowing what to expect.

Disagree with this. Our FA cup run last year Hughton played a strongest squad he possibly could without taking to many risks. Every round he rotated Stephens and Propper. At Boro he brought on Murray to win the game and that's exactly what we did. We put up a decent fight at Utd before going out in the 5th round.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How did the Iranian fella and locadia play?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

If our defeat to Southampton in this ridiculous cup appears as a highlight in the media’s end of season review in May I’ll eat London Irish’s shorts with a sour grape sauce.

I am all for blooding the U23s but that 9 and 16 are nowhere near ready for stepping up to the mans team.

Yep more evidence that Locodia is not a back to goal 9 but someone better playing off the target man. I'm wondering if even little Connolly won more headers.

AJ doesn't look at this stage as quick as Jose so hoping his injury clears up soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here