Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Argentine has a European passport.

How does Alexis Mac Allister have a European passport? He's never played for a European team to be eligible for a passport like Ulloa was with a Spanish passport. His family background is Scottish/Irish but it's too far back to be entitled to a British/Irish passport. Unless his mother holds dual nationality I cannot see how he has a European passport.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How does Alexis Mac Allister have a European passport? He's never played for a European team to be eligible for a passport like Ulloa was with a Spanish passport. His family background is Scottish/Irish but it's too far back to be entitled to a British/Irish passport. Unless his mother holds dual nationality I cannot see how he has a European passport.

No idea but that's what was reported when we signed him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the idea of sending him on loan to Belgium was to get a Belgium passport which is easier and quicker to obtain than those in the UK.

How does that work...so I could go and work for a year in Belgium and be given a Belgian passport? For one years employment?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Argentine has a European passport. As do Bruno, Montoya, Bong, Duffy, Knockaert, Propper, Andone among others.
Duffy has an Irish passport, which is under a different agreement anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought I read that it happened with Izziquerdo also.that was how he got his Euro passport, but I could be wrong

We had to get a work permit for Jose, he doesn't hold an EU passport.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/al...e_passes_medical_as_record_move_edges_closer/

Could 1 of them hold a dual passport for whatever reason, as happens with many Africans it seems.

If one of them did don't you think the club would have already had the player applying for a passport for that country? Its likely to be a lot quicker than sending him out loan while they wait until he qualifies for more work permit points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which of our players have work permits ?

Izquierdo
Kayal
Jahanbakhsh

for sure.

Any others ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Something in the back of my mind tells me that Izzy went tp Clubbe Bruge to get a Euro passport so he could come to the Premier, perhaps I am mixed up.
He definitely needed to get a work permit as he went to Paris after his medical in order to leave and re-enter the country as part of the process.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How does that work...so I could go and work for a year in Belgium and be given a Belgian passport? For one years employment?

Now now. Play nicely, Draco.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could 1 of them hold a dual passport for whatever reason, as happens with many Africans it seems.

Not black South Africans, usually. They have spent a great deal of time until recently under a spell that gave them no rights, known as apartheid.

Oh bollocks. I can't contain myself. Expelliamus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here