Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Saints Tuesday

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Qualifying for Europe is the last thing we need in the first 10 seasons in the PL, look what it did for Birmingham, Wigan and now Burnley

True about the first two and so far for Burnley, but it's very early days. I think it's likely they will prove more resilient than Wigan or Birmingham.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because they are testing it.

You will notice the grounds they are testing it at are Premier League grounds which have the correct facilities. It's unlikely to ever be 'all or none' in the FA Cup or League Cup.

It's not different rules, it's the better application of the same rules/laws of the game in some of the fixtures, and not others.

There's really no controversy about that. As I said, it's unlikely to ever be all or none in the cups, and they can't implement it in the Premier League until it's properly tested.

Without VAR we'd not have beaten Man U last year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Button

Schelotto Bernardo Barclay Suttner

Ali J Kayal Bissouma Gyokeres

Gross

Locadia

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Qualifying for Europe is the last thing we need in the first 10 seasons in the PL, look what it did for Birmingham, Wigan and now Burnley

Oh have a day off - I can't believe what I am reading - getting in to Europe would be unreal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh have a day off - I can't believe what I am reading - getting in to Europe would be unreal.

I think his point is the the Europa league is sometimes too much for 'new' Premier League teams and the Thursday games can trigger a relegation scenario.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I think his point is the the Europa league is sometimes too much for 'new' Premier League teams and the Thursday games can trigger a relegation scenario.

Just my personal view, but if you offered me a trophy this season and a run in Europe next season - but it meant a relegation fight next year, I would take it...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just my personal view, but if you offered me a trophy this season and a run in Europe next season - but it meant a relegation fight next year, I would take it...

One thing I will say is that our current squad (central defence aside) is strong and deep enough to cope with Europa Lg and Prem League games. A couple more injuries and we could be in Burnley's position.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Duffy and Balogun will probably get a half each alongside Barclay now White’s unavailable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion Guess (4-4-1-1): Button; Montoya, Bernardo, Balogun, Suttner; Jahanbakhsh, Kayal, Bissouma, Gyokeres; Gross; Locadia.

Subs (from): Steele, Bong, Duffy, Barclay, Propper, Stephens, March, Knockaert, Murray, Connolly

Think the above looks like a fair shout - more likely Locadia will be out wide and Gyokeres up front though perhaps (or maybe interchanging) ? Looking forward to it......

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
"Does the Sky midweek thing apply to the cup tonight or is that only the Championship games?"

pretty sure thats only championship games as it ties in with IFollow and thats for EFL teams only not prem teams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here