Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia today

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Some players are just not that good at being a sub. The jury is still out until he has a propper run in the team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some players are just not that good at being a sub. The jury is still out until he has a propper run in the team.

Better make sure there’s plenty of tea and cake then, because I suspect the jury will be out for a long time then...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
maybe he needs to go on loan and get battered in the championship for a season to realise he's got a position that players all over the world are aspiring to , perhaps the recruitment team thought he had another gear that he was not showing .

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think Locadia will look better when our midfield stops playing it to him like he's Glenn Murray. Stop playing it into feet or at his head. Most of the time he was on the pitch, he was pointing in behind and every time the player declined the option and either played it to feet, to head or out wide. Never once did he get a ball in behind.

It's like when we signed CMS and did exactly the same thing. I'm beginning to think our side can only play with big Glenn up front as we're incapable of playing any other way.

This - read GM's piece recently on the website extolling the virtues of target man upfront, and CH's quote in pre match press conference when he says forwards need to be rotated more than other players. Think we are edging towards having different styles. Note that Propper was further up the pitch tonight than seen him before; didn't manage it too well tonight but it needs match practice. Don't give up on JL; Spurs fans nearly did with Harry Kane...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed.....and until we stop pinging the ball to him at chest/head height like he is Murray. Signs aren’t great though.......although if the keeper hadn’t pulled off a brilliant save from his header things might look a bit different on here

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Agreed.....and until we stop pinging the ball to him at chest/head height like he is Murray. Signs aren’t great though.......although if the keeper hadn’t pulled off a brilliant save from his header things might look a bit different on here

Some players are very good at being a sub, but not so good when they start, but I can't remember good players that start being bad as substitutes. You might have less impact, but your touches, passes and simple things are normally still up to scratch.

He had the ball at his feet a lot. He then fell over the ball, couldn't control it, gave it away, fouled. We'll run out of excuses as to why he isn't doing it at some point...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here