Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia today

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think Locadia will look better when our midfield stops playing it to him like he's Glenn Murray. Stop playing it into feet or at his head. Most of the time he was on the pitch, he was pointing in behind and every time the player declined the option and either played it to feet, to head or out wide. Never once did he get a ball in behind.

It's like when we signed CMS and did exactly the same thing. I'm beginning to think our side can only play with big Glenn up front as we're incapable of playing any other way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
on Saturday he did EXCATLY what you were calling for - and pointlessly conceded a free kick, when he KNEW he was five yards of.

I blame the linesman for that. I thought he was clearly offside, Locadia thought he was clearly offside, but he glanced at the lino who seeming flicked his flag downward, as if he was signalling 'no, it's all right, you're onside' then locadia made a move for the ball then the lino raised his flag. In retrospect, I assume the apparent movement reiterating that he was keeping his flag down, was instead an almost instinctive raising of the flag that was stifled as Locadia glanced over giving the lino the impression Jurgen knew he was off and wouldn't go for it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think Locadia will look better when our midfield stops playing it to him like he's Glenn Murray. Stop playing it into feet or at his head. Most of the time he was on the pitch, he was pointing in behind and every time the player declined the option and either played it to feet, to head or out wide. Never once did he get a ball in behind.

It's like when we signed CMS and did exactly the same thing. I'm beginning to think our side can only play with big Glenn up front as we're incapable of playing any other way.

Spot on.

Our midfield has to learn a different way of playing with a frontman who isn't Murray and who has a totally different skillset to Murray.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I feel Locadia has the same issues Izquierdo had last season when he first joined everyone played to his feet instead of in front, meaning he couldn't use his assets properly. If we played the ball through in front of Locadia, he may actually do well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Spot on.

Our midfield has to learn a different way of playing with a frontman who isn't Murray and who has a totally different skillset to Murray.
Your both totally right, at one point Bong was taking a throw in and Locadia repeatedly pointed to his chest Bong threw it up for a header and the ball was lost and everyone moans at Locadia. Play to his strengths he's not a target man so utilise that and stretch opposition defences.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I feel Locadia has the same issues Izquierdo had last season when he first joined everyone played to his feet instead of in front, meaning he couldn't use his assets properly. If we played the ball through in front of Locadia, he may actually do well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In my opinion, we still don't get it right with Izquierdo either. So often last season he'd break down the left into acres of space and we'd either not pass to him or do so in a way that means he has to stop mid-run to pick up a ball played either to his feet or behind him. It's the only issue I have with our midfield, who on the whole have been absolutely superb.

Players like him demand it in front of them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on.

Agreed...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
In my opinion, we still don't get it right with Izquierdo either. So often last season he'd break down the left into acres of space and we'd either not pass to him or do so in a way that means he has to stop mid-run to pick up a ball played either to his feet or behind him. It's the only issue I have with our midfield, who on the whole have been absolutely superb.

Players like him demand it in front of them.

I saw the same from Jahanbakhsh at the Nantes game - after a pass that ended up behind him he stuck both arms out in front of him to tell off the source (Stephens, IIRC).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Nailed it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RvW mk2

Shouldn’t let Hughton near the Dutch market again

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute Donkey

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A loan may well sort locadia out.
It’s hard to watch when he’s on the pitch at the moment.
‘Out of his depth’ doesn’t come close.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Really wasn’t good today. Shame we need him to offer something useful.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Both Locadia and Jahanbaksh were poor, only difference being, Locadia actually found a team mate with a pass.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He really is utter toilet. Anyone with any lingering doubts should have those erased now, could have broke at the end, but nearly costs us the draw as he can’t control a football. Can’t see CH using him again after that.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is he like Ali Dia, just impersonating a footballer?

I hope Andone can get fit and hopefully take the mantle - him and/or Murray works for me.

Both Locadia and Jahanbaksh were poor, only difference being, Locadia actually found a team mate with a pass.

Not sure if serious...Wasn't incredible but had a half chance and helped move the play along well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What were you watching? Jahanbaksh made a difference when he came on, and didn’t fall over the ball when dribbling with it :lolol::Nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here