Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boys should be proud

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent performance against one of the top (and most frightening, coming forward) teams in Europe, at their own ground

One mistake was the difference, and i'm sure we are pissed off that we didn't get something out of that

And whoever realised that Louis Spence is a premier full back deserves a f**ing medal :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Excellent performance I was very impressed with our sharpness over a few yards, we matched Liverpool's pressing all match.
Well done to the fitness coaches, superb work.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I need to add that was one of the most satisfying defeats I can ever remember.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brilliant performance from us, that will be one of our two hardest games this season along with City away. Yes the mistake for the goal was disappointing, however, I feel as though Liverpool would have thrown the kitchen sink and probably just got the job done regardless. Great mix between defensive play and creating chances of our own in the 2nd half, something which I hope we continue in future away games.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wasn't at the game but am happy with the attacking nature of the substitutes, which last year would've been to keep the score line respectful but we seemed to go for an equaliser. Very proud of our guys

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brilliant performance from us, that will be one of our two hardest games this season along with City away. Yes the mistake for the goal was disappointing, however, I feel as though Liverpool would have thrown the kitchen sink and probably just got the job done regardless. Great mix between defensive play and creating chances of our own in the 2nd half, something which I hope we continue in future away games.
This.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I felt we had MOM performances all over and they all seemed to really believe right to the death that they could win it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are a LOT of positives to take from that performance.

Watford aside, the Albion seem to be pressing a great deal more this season. I imagine Hughton believes we now have the players to sustain that kind of game. I'm sure, given time, we will win or draw far more away from home than last season.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

I think it's more to do with we didn't let them get through and when they did we had good shape to deal with it. (And a bit of lady luck)

I felt we had MOM performances all over and they all seemed to really believe right to the death that they could win it.

This was said last Sunday [emoji16]

D

Deleted member 2719

We just need to keep that level of performance for the lesser teams

I agree we do, it just make you feel we might have enough strength on the bench to keep the competition between the players, so hopefully we can get some decent results against those teams.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I didn't manage to watch the game - only saw the highlights on MOTD. Sounds like we did quite a bit better than they portrayed.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I didn't manage to watch the game - only saw the highlights on MOTD. Sounds like we did quite a bit better than they portrayed.

We weren't the better team, Liverpool were, but not by very much, especially compared to last season's games against them. And bear in mind that Liverpool have now scored 20 goals at home since they last conceded, we did very well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There are a LOT of positives to take from that performance.

Watford aside, the Albion seem to be pressing a great deal more this season. I imagine Hughton believes we now have the players to sustain that kind of game. I'm sure, given time, we will win or draw far more away from home than last season.

Andone still to present fit so yeah.....i think we have a lot more genuine artillery now , whether it will starts firing this season or next remains to be seen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here