Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Watched the game and thought you played really well. Gross should have earned you a point with that header.

Liverpool aren’t the brilliant free scoring team the media proclaimed after their first game, that was just an utterly dreadful West Ham performance which made them look brilliant. Both Brighton and Palace could feel they deserved more than they got in their respective games against Liverpool.

They may sit top of the league but I doubt very much they’ll stay there.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watched the game and thought you played really well. Gross should have earned you a point with that header.

Liverpool aren’t the brilliant free scoring team the media proclaimed after their first game, that was just an utterly dreadful West Ham performance which made them look brilliant. Both Brighton and Palace could feel they deserved more than they got in their respective games against Liverpool.

:wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza::wozza:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This week, the Albion have truly arrived in the PL. CH’s doing - no longer do we sit back, we press, we have pace from all angles supporting the striker and he even makes positive substitutions earlier.

Bissouma was quality and will be a star.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Don’t blame you for feeling bitter about Liverpool. Their last 5 games at Selhurst LLLLL and the brilliant ref on Monday night rightly punished the multiple foul by Sakho (as verified by all ex refs and pundits).

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Our tried and tested home side don't perform away from the Amex.
Really think the new players should be given more chances like today.
Their pace gave us an out ball which meant we got behind the Liverpool lines.
Murray should have been on the bench and Locadia up front.
Apart from Bissouma being taken off the team that finished the game is the one we should have started with.
I thought Murray was the best player on the pitch! Never seen him run so much. He has been superb imo. It can't last.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Impressive performance, in a way more so than the Man U game.
I was wondering that earlier and came to conclusion that might be the case, but not something I can agree to without hindsight.

If from now the squad do what they couldn't last season, and go on to get xx points on the road with some decent wins, then definitely today's performance will better the one v Utd.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Don’t blame you for feeling bitter about Liverpool. Their last 5 games at Selhurst LLLLL and the brilliant ref on Monday night rightly punished the multiple foul by Sakho (as verified by all ex refs and pundits).

Bitter?

I’ve just complemented your teams performance and all you just want to do is talk about Palace.

Weird.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This week, the Albion have truly arrived in the PL. CH’s doing - no longer do we sit back, we press, we have pace from all angles supporting the striker and he even makes positive substitutions earlier.

Bissouma was quality and will be a star.

Sorry I must disagree as you couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

The reason we lost was because we didnt press them far enough up the pitch and allowed them too much time and space and had it not been for our back 4 and GK we would have lost by more. We didnt attempt to tackle them until they virtually reached our box.

We have pace when certain players are on but not with our starting XI

The first substitution was at 75 mins hardly early.

I agree about but Bissouma but it is ironical that one piece of sloppy control from him cost us the game. It was an encouraging performance and will enable us to beat many teams this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bitter?

I’ve just complemented your teams performance and all you just want to do is talk about Palace.

Weird.

Everyone knows ManC will win the PL. The bookies make them massive favourites. The best squad of players on the planet.

Found your obvious bitterness about Liverpool (read your post) weird. Could only emanate from anger that they’d done you yet again and you’d taken bitter Roy’s propaganda hook, line & sinker. CP were 10 athletic bruisers harrying them, but were beaten by a football team. Brighton today played football.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

At least we gave them a scare which many thought we wouldn't seeing as most believed we were in for a drubbing

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The reason we lost was because we didnt press them far enough up the pitch and allowed them too much time and space and had it not been for our back 4 and GK we would have lost by more. We didnt attempt to tackle them until they virtually reached our box.

I agree about but Bissouma but it is ironical that one piece of sloppy control from him cost us the game. It was an encouraging performance and will enable us to beat many teams this season.

I was there and got a total view of the match, unlike BT cameras which follow the ball.

The Albion’s new tactics and performance were as I described. As the game wore on, our support got louder and louder as it payed dividends with openings. Bissouma was class in so many ways, bringing a new dimension to our CM, missing for a long time. The proof is in the pudding - just a goal conceded, after last season’s 9.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Bitter?

Weird.

It's what I'd call a damning with faint praise.

The congratulations in the first paragraph are magnanimous and thanks for that. Then you go on to basically slate Liverpool. Based around the fact that you lost 2-0 at home and we only lost 1-0 away I guess you had to. But we both lost. Liverpool won both games playing poorly and only good sides do that. They have every chance of winning the league and they've confirmed the pair of us as likely mid-table triers.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Bipolar :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here